Tennessee

Affordable Make-Up Artist

HI!  I was just wondering if anyone knows someone who does good make-up (natural looking..not caked-on)?

I keep seeing that most of these make-up artists are about $75 or more!  I think that's a little steep... I mean, I guess it's fine...but I'd prefer to find someone who is $50 or under.

Anyone know of people?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable Make-Up Artist

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing my own make-up, but it helps if you let us know what town/area you're in. Since the Tennessee board isn't divided into East/Middle/West or specific cities, a girl from Knoxville might have an awesome suggestion that would be of absolutely no use to a girl from Memphis. 

FWIW, most make-up counters in department stores will do a great job on make up for "free"-- they just want you to purchase products. Sephora also does $50 special occasion make-up, if you have a store near you. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you? I used to sell Mary-Kay makeup and I might be able to help. I am in Chattanooga.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • EasyAsh1220EasyAsh1220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend going to an Aveda salon, they have natural products and in my experience have always done great makeup especially the "natural" look, but it all really depends on where in TN you are, but usually they have Aveda salons all over the place.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Nashville area.  :)  Hope that helps! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sboundksboundk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you considered this but you may want to see what some of the makeup counters at Dillards, JC Penny, etc would charge.  Often times they will do your makeup for free if you buy some product. :-)

Also, you may want to look into the local cosmotology school and see what they offer.  Sometimes you can get great deals both on makeup and hair and even nails. :-)  There is a local school over off of White Bridge Road I believe.

I hope this helps!
  • sboundksboundk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there,

I wanted to give you an update.  There are several beauty schools here in Nashville that do a variety of services for a fraction of the cost.  For example:

The Salon Professional Academy (Redkin Salon School):
    http://www.nashvillebeautyschool.com/guest-services/

Their services range from a hair cut, color, facials, makeup, etc. and range in price from $9 to $50 for their services.  A Special Occasion updo is $19! 

I think this is what I am going to recommend for my bridesmaids so they aren't spending an arm and a leg if they want to get their hair, makeup, nails done (cost approx. $42 for all of that).

Happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  I've actually considered all of those... I'm hoping for On-Location stuff.  In June, getting your make-up done...then travelling in a hot car is not smart. 

If anyone knows any people who are affordable, please let me know!  Nashville area. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sboundksboundk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call the school and see if you can arrange onsite for just a little bit more.  They will probably do it if you make it worth their while.

Let me know what you find out. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    to get a pro make up artist to travel to you to do makeup under 50.00going to be hard.  unless you dont care about what you look like.  that's asking quite a lot to be honest!  you get what you pay for and it's your face on your wedding day.  if you're paying for a photographer you need professional makeup!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards