Massachusetts-Boston

Local Invitation Shops

Hi ladies, my name is Kim, I live an hour outside Boston, and am having the worst luck finding invitations!!  Sorry I don't post on this board much.  I'm getting married in upstate NY, and with all my vendors there, I usually hang out on those boards.

I was wondering if any of you purchased invitations from a shop within the Boston region.  I have gotten samples from Etsy vendors, Wedding Paper Divas, Vista Print...  I know it's just paper, and that everyone throws it out, but man I just want some nice, semi-formal, well made invitations!  Right now WPD has my top choice, but they won't change the paper to white :(  Enough complaining from me though lol.  I know there's a Crane store on Newbury, any other places you'd recommend?  TIA!
Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Local Invitation Shops

• edited December 2011
    I worked with Arlene at Invitations and Co. She was so patient with me, DH, and my parents (who were paying for them). My invitations turned out beautifully and I would highly recommend her.
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for that recommendation!  I'm impressed with her website, and will try to stop by this weekend.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We had custom designed pocketfolds made for our invitations --- I highly recommend looking at La Bella Rue...Paula is based out of Braintree and was a peach to work with. She designed all of our paper products for our wedding. You can find her at: www.labellarue.com
  • jaime10285jaime10285 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked quickly at Paper Source in Dedham (at Legacy Place).  They are more expensive than some of the online places but they had a TON of options.  There are other locations for the same company too so some may be closer to you.
    Anniversary
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thank you all for giving me options to consider!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been admiring White Aisle (http://whiteaisle.com/)lately. She is located in NH however she ships samples and the ones I received are stunning, I am considering thermography.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Go to the Papersource in Dedham. Don't feel confined to the books - they can custom design an invite for you using any of thier images (including the stamps).

The girls there, specifically Nicole, were wonderful, and our invites came out great!
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again!  I will probably head out to Dedham or Boston this weekend :)  All these local websites have great original designs, and it's nice that they'll do custom work.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Coordinally Yours in Newton. Rhonda was lovely to work with through out the process. She works out of her home and works from books. But gives a discount price. Also, I know someone in the local area who make wedding invitation but not sure if that is what your want? Let me know and pM and I'll get her info.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Minted.com.  I too have order sample invitations from a few Etsy sellers and Wedding Paper Divas and was not impressed.  In fact, I disliked the quality of our save-the-dates from WPD so much that I sent them back.  I then gave Minted.com a shot and am thrilled with our new save-the-dates.  I also ordered 3 sample wedding invitations from Minted for free with a promotion they had and all three invitations (all on different paper) were high quality and very pretty.  I should also mention that they are willing to alter the design of any invitation to make it custom for you.  They changed the layout and font color of our save-the-dates per my request and even sent me 2 extra proofs so I had 4 designs to choose from.  You can order any number of invitations even though their website shows pricing in increments of 25.  We'll be ordering our invitations from them soon!
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again everyone!  I love designs their online, can't wait to check them out in person.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I know you said you were lookin for local shops, however, if you are at all interested in doing it online I found a woman in Washington state who designs invitations and all other stationery needs.  I was nervous that I would pick an invite and then not be able to have menu, table numbers, etc that all matched and she was able to do it for me.  You basically design whatever you want.  The website is super helpful to peruse, and it is evenstarpaperie.com.  The woman, Tessa, is so helpful and literally answers every email you send within 5-10 minutes.  It's def great for those Type A brides like me who at times sent numerous emails with questions/concerns :) Def check it out!
  • Jeannek82Jeannek82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our invitations made through the Dotted I in Concord, MA.  Julie was fantastic to work with and the invitations were beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards