Snarky Brides

Drive-by posters?

Anyone else annoyed with all the random posts where the OP posts and never comes back?

Seriously, If you are not going to reply, then don't waste my time.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Drive-by posters?

• Yes! Besides, I'm bored, I'd enjoy a good little back and forth.
  • Yes! This the only thing that pisses me off a bit. The ones asking for wedding inspiration make me even more annoyed because I go out of my way to help and then they never come back!
  • When people do that, its really hard not to be mean in my answer.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Agreed. What do they all post and run? doubt it.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    It only seriously ticks me off when I'm answering a post regarding something specific to my hometown that was posted on the national board.

On the other hand, I recently responded with a response and a good luck to a poster who answered me and rereading it I think I managed to come off a little bitchy.  I  had to go back and edit the response.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Has there been a South Jersey engagement explosion or something? In the past few weeks I've noticed a ton of new posters from SJ, not that that's a bad thing.
  • People suck.  I hate the post and runs too.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited May 2010
    Posts and run make me feel less bad about not being helpful.
  • Yeah they kind of justify my bitchiness sometimes.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    I will say that what annoys me more are the ones who title their post "Question" or the title of the post category - Duh!
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_drive-posters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a0c35104-2e49-4094-8d20-498cf21b7a01Post:8f5731db-fe38-4b63-8f37-0791944d3fb6">Re: Drive-by posters?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will say that what annoys me more are the ones who title their post "Question" <strong>or the title of the post category</strong> - Duh!
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

Huh?
  • I'm going to start titling all of my posts "Question", "Statement",  "Declaration", etc.  This is going to be fun ;)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_drive-posters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a0c35104-2e49-4094-8d20-498cf21b7a01Post:29f7d6d8-c350-4d4f-8679-0dae2227b84b">Re: Drive-by posters?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drive-by posters? : Huh?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

"Flowers" "Vows" "Favors", etc.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Ah. Okay. gotcha. Thanks! :)
  • whats the point of a post and run? I mean.. in theory you have to figure they lurk afterwards to see the responses. its just rude!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards