Connecticut
Options

I'm sure the grooms to be aren't worrying about these things!;)

Okay, so I have two questions.  First, has anyone tried airbrush tanning?  If so, what did you think?  I made an appointment to try it tomorrow at Naomi's Salon in West Hartford.  I reeeeealllly hope I do not end up looking like a tangerine!

My second question is about Spanx.  I have never worn them before, but the seamstress recommended I get a pair of seamless ones to wear so you cannot see the outline of my bra (it is one of those longer ones that goes down to the bellybutton or so).  If you have worn them before . . . are they terribly uncomfortable?  Do they make you hot and sweaty?  I wasn't planning on wearing them (I'm a size one as it is) and am worried that I will be hot and uncomfortable at my summer wedding. 

Oh, the joys of being a woman!  Haha! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
215image 174image 41image

Re: I'm sure the grooms to be aren't worrying about these things!;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!! I haven't done spray tanning yet- but am curious. Let me know how that one goes.

As far as spanx, I can say I have a pair :). I'm a size 6 and found this dress for a wedding last year at Macy's and they only had size 4- it fit, but you could see the bulges if you know what I mean- it was that kinda dress. I went over to Nordstroms and bought myself some spanx and I will say- I didn't really notice them. I mean you obviously know you have them on- you'll be the one to feel it, but really all it feels like is a tight cami or spandex short depending on the type you get. I recommend them if it makes a difference in how you look in the clothes. If you put it on and don't really notice a difference- I'd say they're not worth the money, since they are expensive. Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea, those long line bras can be doozies!  I don't know how anyone wears the ones that only come down to your ribs because they always give a bulge underneath no matter how small you are!  My seamstress recommended a torsolette... it's basically a long line bra, but it goes all the way down to your hips, so there's no bulge and it can't slide down or anything because it sits on your hips.  That also means that it doesn't need to be ultra tight to stay up like some strapless bras.  My dress fit fine without it, but with it on, I could definitelys see how it shaped things better.  I got one for about $50 from Orchard Corsert in NYC.  They have an online store, but if you go into the city at all, I'd say have the owner fit you.  She's totally the bra whisperer! http://www.orchardcorset.com/ The torsolette that I got was by Dominique.  If you google 'Dominique torsolette' you'll see pictures of what I'm talking about.

FYI, I don't feel constricted, hot or uncomfortable at all in mine.  I'm really happy that I purchased it.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE my torsolette!!!!!!!! It fits AWESOME under my dress!!!! So comfortable too!

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE spray tanning! It is great! It does stink a bit and rubs off on clothes right after sometimes but for the most part it is awesome!! It last about a week or so! I highly recommend!

Sorry I am no help with spanx!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't tried spray tanning yet, but I'm hoping to try it out soon too. As for spanx, I got my first pair when I went to Shrine a few months ago. The dress I was wearing was very unforgiving, so I decided I needed to buy some. They worked great, and I was able to rock the dress I wanted to.. haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My friend just got spray tanning done and wore a white sweater out that night and she looked fabulous! 

Can't help with the bra thingy, I need to get my own lol. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I go spray tanning every now and then. It's great when you just need to have some color for a special occasion. I've never been orange, but sometimes the color doesn't spray evenly. I've gotten dark streaks down my arms and legs because it drips. You towel off right away, but they still show up sometimes. I don't recommend it for your wedding if you're going to be dancing. Sweating makes the color run off and will stain your clothes. I made this mistake when I spray tanned the day before going out to a club. I got home and was horrified at my sweat streaks! I've only spray tanned in an automatic booth. Maybe it comes out better if you have an actual person spray you?

As for spanx, I have a pair as well. They aren't that bad. Like everyone else said, you'll know its there but shouldn't be too annoying.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_im-sure-grooms-arent-worrying-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:e48ddcf0-527f-4a80-91ac-ce052ef3ef3dPost:4a0c753e-0845-4fe5-a6e7-ebc88cc36d5b">Re: I'm sure the grooms to be aren't worrying about these things!;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I go spray tanning every now and then. It's great when you just need to have some color for a special occasion. I've never been orange, but sometimes the color doesn't spray evenly. I've gotten dark streaks down my arms and legs because it drips. You towel off right away, but they still show up sometimes. I don't recommend it for your wedding if you're going to be dancing. Sweating makes the color run off and will stain your clothes. I made this mistake when I spray tanned the day before going out to a club. I got home and was horrified at my sweat streaks! I've only spray tanned in an automatic booth. Maybe it comes out better if you have an actual person spray you? As for spanx, I have a pair as well. They aren't that bad. Like everyone else said, you'll know its there but shouldn't be too annoying.
    Posted by Salamandy24[/QUOTE]

I do agree, if you have someone who actually sprays you it is much better & goes on evenly.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Erin&MikeyErin&Mikey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about going for a practice run spray tan at Naomi's also.  I am stark white lol.  I'm just under a month until the wedding, so I need to go ASAP to test it!  Let me know how it goes for you!  Being orange is my biggest fear, but I'm hoping having someone spray it on you helps that.
  • Options
    AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  At Naomi's a person actually sprays you, not a machine.  I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't help you with the airbrush tanning but am interested to see how it turns out. As for the bra....since you are so tiny can't you just have the seamstress sew the cups in?? Since your wedding is in July you might get really hot with the bustier and Spanx.
  • Options
    AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christikao, I was just thinking about that!  I have my second fitting tomorrow, so I'll ask her.  Feeling hot and sweaty with the three layers (bra, spanx, dress) is what I'm most worried about.  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sewing in cups is a good idea, that may help with the heat of all the layers in the summer.

Let us know how the spray tan goes.  I will say don't DIY it, that never ends well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

No help on the spanx but as for the spray tan. I would definatly recomment having someone spray you. I used to go all the time and it always looked great different shades. I did the mystic tan and some other machine tan and it came out horrible. I really would like to try naomis salon though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards