Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wedding Officiant - Comedian

Can anyone recommend a wedding officiant who is really funny, perhaps even a comedian? I want to make the ceremony very non-traditional and funny.

thanks,

Re: Wedding Officiant - Comedian

• edited December 2011
    You may have better luck having a funny friend get ordained.  Just a thought...
  • mullen24mullen24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Eric Wilden from Water Lily Officiants, he is very nice to work with and does whatever you ask
  • edited December 2011
    John Debella does weddings. 
  • PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you cant use someone internet ordained in pa... they have to have a regular congregation for it to be legal (just an FYI)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • joysaw00joysaw00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I officiate Jewish, interfaith and secular weddings. One couple I married wanted it to be funny, with no mention of High Powers, no "you complete me" mushy-mush etc., which was fine.

We did have some poignant moments (like reading a Pablo Neruda love poem in Spanish, since the bride was Spanish) but the real kick came at the vows, where I had them promise things to each other along the lines of: "I promise not to get really drunk and wake up naked next to the Colorado River" (which everyone in attendance knew the groom had actually done in his younger years). The other vows were similarly funny in nature and came as a total surprise to everyone, including the bride and groom. I had called up their family members to dig up some "dirt" and come up with them.

While I can't say the whole ceremony was a stand-up routine, it was definitely light-hearted and everyone had a lot of fun.

In another ceremony, I threw in quotes from various Indiana Jones movies, since I knew they both loved Indiana Jones. That elicited a lot of laughs too.

If you are still looking and want to talk, I'm happy to chat with you. I live on PA but can officiate in NJ.

Joysa

http://wanderinghebrew.com/weddings-and-funerals-jewish-or-interfaith/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards