New Jersey - South

Intro and Q on Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic and Water Club

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as I'm new here.  I recently got engaged and I'm starting to think about venues in South Jersey for my wedding which will probably be next summer/fall. 

Has anyone here had their wedding at Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic or the Water Club or know a ballpark amount for these venues for a Saturday night wedding for around 150-175 ppl?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting everyone and hearing about your weddings!!

Re: Intro and Q on Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic and Water Club

• I have been to Avalon Yacht Club for a wedding that was a lot of fun, but don't know pricing.  The only think I know about One Atlantic is from a friend of mine who is a vendor....apparently the venue charges all of the vendors 20% of their total cost they are charging you just for the vendor to enter, they also need to have a very hefty insurance policy to enter.  So, a lot of vendors have to up their charges to you to make it even worth their while to take a booking there.  Its very on the DL so they do not tell you about it, so just be aware that it may be more expensive to book vendors for that venue if that's what you decide.
  • For the heck of it, I had reached out to Borgata/Water Club for pph & packages when venue shopping, knowing full well that it would be far out of reach for FI & I.  You'd be looking to start at a minimum of about $150 pp.  And that package did not include anything too over the top.  If you send in a request online, they will forward you this info without hassle though.

I'd have to agree with Jaqcap, as Atlantic One is a space that requires you to bring in everything...but must follow their guidelines.  I recall a large fee on top of the cost for your vendors to use the space.

Have you considered looking at The Chelsea?  I communicated back and forth for a bit with them but, while they have a cool trendy look we originally wanted, their pph versus what's included didn't appeal enough to book.

Good luck!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_intro-and-q-on-avalon-yacht-club-one-atlantic-and-water-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:709679ea-1e2b-41a4-8e35-3fd533f1e108Post:c2585b50-704b-4204-b846-edc079179b76">Re: Intro and Q on Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic and Water Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been to Avalon Yacht Club for a wedding that was a lot of fun, but don't know pricing.  The only think I know about One Atlantic is from a friend of mine who is a vendor....apparently the venue charges all of the vendors 20% of their total cost they are charging you just for the vendor to enter, they also need to have a very hefty insurance policy to enter.  So, a lot of vendors have to up their charges to you to make it even worth their while to take a booking there.  Its very on the DL so they do not tell you about it, so just be aware that it may be more expensive to book vendors for that venue if that's what you decide.
    Posted by Jaqcap17[/QUOTE]

<p class="MsoNormal">Could you possibly ask your friend if they know how hefty of an insurance policy is required?  We're scheduled to see One Atlantic on 7/7 and I'd like to have a general idea of how much it's going to cost us for outside vendors.  I've see other posts from brides who say they won't release their preferred vendor list until you sign the contract and they were disappointed with the selection.</p><p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
  • Regarding the vendor list, its posted on their website under "Partners" on the upper right hand corner of the homepage.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_intro-and-q-on-avalon-yacht-club-one-atlantic-and-water-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:709679ea-1e2b-41a4-8e35-3fd533f1e108Post:122dc8f8-be0f-445d-92a1-085e134154b8">Re: Intro and Q on Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic and Water Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]Regarding the vendor list, its posted on their website under "Partners" on the upper right hand corner of the homepage.
    Posted by flojo973[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I didn't notice that. lol  Thank you!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_intro-and-q-on-avalon-yacht-club-one-atlantic-and-water-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:709679ea-1e2b-41a4-8e35-3fd533f1e108Post:5f1bcbcb-cf0e-48ba-985d-c31c25a0b9f1">Re: Intro and Q on Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic and Water Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro and Q on Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic and Water Club : Could you possibly ask your friend if they know how hefty of an insurance policy is required?  We're scheduled to see One Atlantic on 7/7 and I'd like to have a general idea of how much it's going to cost us for outside vendors.  I've see other posts from brides who say they won't release their preferred vendor list until you sign the contract and they were disappointed with the selection.  
    Posted by ashtiernan[/QUOTE]

I can't remember the exact number but I think it was $400,000
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_intro-and-q-on-avalon-yacht-club-one-atlantic-and-water-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:709679ea-1e2b-41a4-8e35-3fd533f1e108Post:109192dd-5b53-4eb1-9220-6be8392780f4">Re: Intro and Q on Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic and Water Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro and Q on Avalon Yacht Club, One Atlantic and Water Club : I can't remember the exact number but I think it was $400,000
    Posted by Jaqcap17[/QUOTE]

$400,000... Yikes!  Thanks for the response :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards