September 2012 Weddings

Show me your invitations!

With our last minute decision to get married in FOUR months, I feel a real need to jump on this project and am looking for some inpiration! Also, especially for those getting married on the holiday weekend, but I would love to hear from all of you, how far out will you send them out? The knot says 3 months, but it sounds excessive? Am I wrong? Knowing me, I will send them out at 3 months, but I am curious if anyone else is?TIA!
Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Show me your invitations!

• I'm planning on sending them out after the 4th of July.  My wedding is Sept 16th with an RSVP date of Sept. 1st.  Here is my invite:

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Here's my invites: Invites

I'm a Sept. 1st bride, and we're planning on sending them out around June 15th. I want to be sure no one makes other plans that weekend and that we have plenty of time to contact people if they don't respond.
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    http://www.signaturesbysarah.com/2010/01/wedding-invitation-collection-suites.html

She has some great invitation designs on her website and is reasonably priced :)

ETA:  I fail at making a clicky.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:9d728453-1454-47e4-b6e9-86be7d9ca77aPost:94983350-1a42-4a97-ab67-b4c2867051e6">Re: Show me your invitations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.signaturesbysarah.com/2010/01/wedding-invitation-collection-suites.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.signaturesbysarah.com/2010/01/wedding-invitation-collection-suites.html</a> She has some great invitation designs on her website and is reasonably priced :) ETA:  I fail at making a clicky.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Which one is yours? It came up with lots of different wedding invitation suites!
    Anniversary
  • I'm a September 1st bride, and our goal is to send them out by June 15th, with responses due on August 1st.  A lot of our guests are OOT (we didn't send a STD), plus it's a holiday weekend, so we want to make sure people have time to plan ahead.  Most people send wedding invites 6-8 weeks in advance, depending on when they need responses back.
  • edited April 2012

just a low-res screen shot. they are square - hard to see since they're white with just light vector swirls. Did it in Adobe Illustrator CS5 and I'll print on light cardstock.

Then I'll wrap them like this:

Photobucket Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My wedding is September 15th and I'm planning on mailing mine out around the end of June with an RSVP date of August 15th

• We're on September 1st and I was thinking about sending them a little early, but to be honest, two months is plenty of time. If an adult can't receive an invitation and make arrangements in that period of time, I really don't know what to say. Plus, if you send them out TOO early you're setting yourself up for people forgetting about it/late RSVPs. You'll have to run around trying to get people's responses. People's plans changes, so I vote waiting to send them out until late June/early July. Just my two cents.
  • I like your logic, AKBrown, but, unfortunately, you will have to chase down RSVP's regardless.
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:9d728453-1454-47e4-b6e9-86be7d9ca77aPost:1bd560c0-ce78-4c32-af02-afd38706ff28">Re: Show me your invitations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your invitations! : Which one is yours? It came up with lots of different wedding invitation suites!
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine is similar to #4.  She goes through and changes the design/colors a bit to show you different ways that it could look on all of the different cards.  Essentially, as I said, mine is #4 but there are notable differences.</div>
  • We are getting married on Sept 2nd and the invites are already out. With an RSVP of July 1st. It is a DW wedding so people have to have their rooms booked by the end of June anyways so we had to make people aware of that.

• We are sending ours out the last week of July for our September 8th wedding.  Our RSVP date is August 17th. 

I think anything more than 8 weeks is probably a little too early.  If it's on the holiday weekend though, probably 10 weeks. I still think the RSVP date should be no more than 4 weeks in advance.

Here are ours:  (the white paper is sort of a metalic shiny pearl white. and the wine ink is a raised thermography ink, with an apple green border). 

• I'm starting to get annoyed with people asking me for their invites! Someone actually posted on my FB wall "Hey am I not invited or what? You didn't send my invite." 

I was like, uh... really?! I am planning on sending them out around July 1 for my Sept. 1 wedding. 

Photobucket Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

• FMIL is making them!
    Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
  • Also - our wedding is September 22nd. My goal is to have them out by July 15th with an August 15th response date.

Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
  • My wedding is Sept. 15 and I'm planning to have the invites sent out by mid-July

Pearl Damask - Invitation
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we2012we2012 member
    First Comment
    Wedding date: 9/2
    Send invitations by: 7/15
    Response by: 8/1
    Follow up with non-responders by: 8/5 (hotel block reservations must be made by 8/10)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards