Wedding Invitations & Paper

Re: D

• Options
    First of all, please don't do a tiered reception.  Everyone you invite should be invited for the full event, including dinner.  It's rude to tell people that they are good enough to come for dancing, but not to eat.

In terms of cutting off relatives, generally the way to do it without offending a bunch of people is to make decisions in circles.  So you might decide to invite your aunts and uncles, but not your cousins.  Or invite your first cousins, but not second cousins.  People understand that sometimes you have to draw the line somewhere.  This way is more evenhanded and doesn't seem like you are singling out particular relatives who you like or don't like.
  • Options
    Dang, that was so fast I couldn't quote it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Should have quoted it when I had the chance.  Basically, she is having a hard time trimming her guest list down to only 200 people.  She was asking if she could only invite the relatives she likes and not the ones she's less close to.  However, she doesn't mind if the relatives come to the ceremony and after dinner for dancing, but they "have to be really strict on dinner."
  • Options
    To answer her question, then, I don't see the point in inviting people who aren't part of your life merely because their branch on your family tree has the same label as someone else you'll be inviting.  You do need to be prepared for them to be potentially upset that you didn't invite one aunt but did invite another.  So long as that's not an issue for you, then by all means - go ahead.

Do not, under any circumstances, for any reason, ever, EVER have a tiered wedding.  Horrible. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards