Colorado-Denver

Engagement Party Locations???

I could really use some help with ideas on engagement parties.  I really just want to do a small get together with our parents, attendants, and a few friends.  Is it ok to have it at a restaurant and have people pay for there own food/drinks?  If its just a come and go as you want type of thing?  I just want to have fun with our friends and celebrate with out it being a huge expense?  Any ideas on restaurants or lounges that could be fun?  Thanks so much for opinions and advice:)))

Re: Engagement Party Locations???

• I recently went to an engagement party at the Irish Snug in Denver.  The couple got some appetizer platters for everyone to share but then we bought our own drinks.  We were downstairs and it was fun and casual.  Would definitely recommend something like this.  You definitely don't have to buy drinks for people and while the apps were a nice touch I don't think that was really necessary either.  
  • We're haveing ours at Coohills downtown. The food is really good and they don't charge a fee for the space. They are also letting us create our own cocktails and giving us happy hour prices on drinks and food Laughing
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_engagement-party-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:19f5926a-d66a-4d47-a6e6-155aa97e397aPost:e1ce666b-10b4-4cdb-8876-5c1766ea7d79">Re: Engagement Party Locations???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're haveing ours at Coohills downtown. The food is really good and they don't charge a fee for the space. They are also letting us create our own cocktails and giving us happy hour prices on drinks and food 
    Posted by ssprice[/QUOTE]

I really like the Coohills idea, and for some reason it completely slipped my mind as an option!  About how many people are you expecting?  Do you think there is enough space for a small rehersal dinner?
    Thanks in advance!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards