Honeymoon Discussions
Options

October Honeymoon Ideas?

Our wedding date is October 2 and I am trying to find mid-range, unique places for our honeymoon. We REALLY want to do Costa Rica but its the rainy season and I keep reading blogs that this year has been horrible for rainfall throughout all the areas -even more than usual. And we really want to do everything while there (ie. beaches, rainforests, volcano area etc) so that doesn't appear to be an option :(
We could postpone the honeymoon for a bit if we really need to wait for more favorable weather but I really would rather not do this.

I know the ABC islands, Hawaii and everything in the South Pacific areas are best at this time but those are also the most expensive places to visit with the pricey flights and fancy lodging.

Future or past October brides I need some ideas! Where did/are you going?
Photobucket

Re: October Honeymoon Ideas?

• Options
    I got married last October 9th.  We wound up taking a cruise through the Caribean for our honeymoon.  It was wonderful!  The weather is great, we saw a ton of islands (including Aruba and Curacao since you mentioned the ABC islands), and the price was pretty reasonable. 
  • Options
    We're getting married in October, and we're thinking of going to South America, where it will be spring. Buenes Aires, specifically. Like you, we are looking for some adventure and sights beyond a beach.
  • Options
    Ditto on needing HM places for October...we talked about Mexico but FI has already been there and Swine Flu schtuff has me freakin a little... lol.

But we talked about Hawaii...FI wants to go there, we don't want to hit any bad weather anywhere though and we're not too keen on cruises.

Shout out some more ideas please, ladies!!!  :)
  • Options
    I'm getting married October 2nd and have been thinking a lot about my honeymoon. I think it'd be fun to go somewhere in the Caribbean but I'm worried about it being hurricane season. Should I really worry about this?

I've also been considering Quebec/Montreal or a cruise up towards New England.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 145 Invited so far! image 84 Will be there!
    image 52 Will be square image 9 Are undecided

• Options
    We got married October 3rd and we went to the Aventura Spa Palace in Mexico.  It was beautiful, great weather, and just all around amazing.  They have tons to do (a lot of things for free), but you can also just sit by the pool!  I would recommend at least checking out the website.  I think it is palaceresorts.com.  They have a ton of sister resorts, that you can go to if you want to as well. 
  • Options
    I know its so hard! I am a bit of a travel snob and have been to quite a few places. I love seeing the world and want to travel everywhere! My rule is never see the same place twice! However, I loved St Lucia in the Caribbean and would consider that since it has everything to do and my fiance has never been. but I am pretty nervous with the hurricane season and all. That would ruin our whole trip and that area always gets rocked with bad weather until mid-Nov/December.

I've been to Mexico and was stuck on a cruise ship in quarantine while docked in Aruba so that has bad memories for me I don't think I wanna go that route lol. And Hawaii seems sort of commercial to me plus with all the bad weather elsewhere I would imagine it being packed with other honeymooners/Vacationers in October.

I am leaning towards spending the big bucks and doing like Tahiti or Autralia or something more exotic in the Soth Pacific. But just trying to see what some of my other lower price options would be...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Spend the money hahaha that's what we are doing, we are going to Greece (Santorini). Can't wait! I went to Hawaii in October years ago, the weather was nice but if you can afford to go somewhere different if you have already traveled a lot you should really do a place that's "once in a liftetime".
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We are getting married October 2nd...Weve looked at a lot of places. Idealy I would love to go to Italy...but since we are on a budget were talking Key West Islands, Gatlinburg Tennesse and possibly Hawaii. I told the FI I wanted romance + selcusions and some fun things to do....I totally think he took that the wrong way lol
  • Options
    It's like I wrote the initial post! It's everything that I've been thinking...We're getting married Oct 15th & it's frustrating choosing a honeymoon destination.  I was set on Hawaii until I realized I couldn't afford it; I thought about chancing the hurricanes in Riviera Maya, Mexico and now I'm looking at St. Lucia.  

I was initially told that I'd be bored in St. Lucia, but after doing some research, I think we might really like it.  We truly wanted to go to Costa Rica, but, like you said, rainy season.  We love the idea of being able to chill out, but also having fun excursions if we want to.  I'm seriously considering St. Lucia (waterfalls, zip lines, horse back riding, snorkeling, volcano)...I think that could keep me occupied on a daily basis!

Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards