California-Los Angeles

Newish member - Venue help!

Happy Thursday Ladies,

I should probably introduce myself first since I have been lurking for a few months now.  My name is Trisha and we became engaged this past May. We had planned on having the wedding in Spring 2013 and have recently decided to get married in August 2012 instead. Unfortunately, I lost my job around the same time we made this decision and will now be planning the wedding on a bit of a budget. 

We are having a difficult time finding an outdoor venue that will allow outside catering. I have had recommendations for Orcutt Ranch in Canoga Park and the Camarillo Ranch in Camarillo, but other than that we are at a loss. We are looking for a place preferably around the Simi Valley/Moorpark/Camarillo/Ventura area. Not too pricey as we are on a budget.  Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newish member - Venue help!

• edited December 2011
    Are you only interested in venues that allow outside catering?  If not, I am stongly considering booking my venue at THE VINEYARDS in Simi Valley-it is to die for.  The owners are great and they also offer an all inclusive package that comes with flower, dj, photographer and cake.  If you didnt want to do the sit down dinner, have you considered just doing a cake and punch reception with a few appetizers that is one way to help you cut cost. If you want more details on The Vineyards let me know and i can fwd you some of their packages.  Good luck and Im sure you will find something that is perfect for your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually liked that place until I found out that they didn't allow ouside catering.  FI and I share a love for a local BBQ place and we are dead set on them catering, especially since it's within our budget. Thank you for the recommendation though! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littleshrinklittleshrink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was on the hunt for venues in the same area (sorry I ultimately went to the beach!), I found a wonderful website:  www.herecomestheguide.com - look under the ventura link.

They had great venues for all sorts of budgets and locations.  If nothing else that will give you a start at some other possiblities out there. 

Best of luck.....
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • losspre6682losspre6682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello my name is cynthia. we have a great mansion house located in Northridge, CA. great affordable pricea as well. if you want to see pics of recent events and pics of the house as well go to franksvenue.com
  • natakamgtnatakamgt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I have looked at probably 20 venues and Orcutt Ranch ended up being our pick. We are also on a tight budget. I think that the fee for the location is much cheaper than what we would have paid at other venues. And the flexibility to find your own caterer helps with lowering your expenses. I have already checked out the liquor service that's the only one approved for that location and was pleasantly surpised that there are no minimums, just the $250 set up fee.
    Wish you luck!
  • www.gardensofparadise.com awesome place waterfalls and lagoons bring in own vendors love that we are so excited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards