Connecticut
Options

Reception location recommendations - Farmington Valley

hi everyone, a friend from out of town is looking for a recpetion location in the greater Farmington Valley area (Hartford ok, maybe Litchfield county ok too) for about 60 people.  Nice, Italian-themed restaurants would be ok too.  She's looking at the Simsbury 1820 House and Abigail's (formerly Pettibone's).  Apricots is already booked her weekend unfortunately.  The wedding will hopefully be September of 2010 (yes, short notice!).  TIA

Re: Reception location recommendations - Farmington Valley

• Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I think Hartford's Old State House is gorgeous. It has such history and character that I think it's worth looking into! There's a banquet facility in Avon that's beautiful, too... can't quite remember the name at the moment. There was a wedding at the Haight-Brown Vineyard hosted by a fellow knottie... and I was there a few weeks ago. The wine is YUM-O!

Hopefully other knotties will be able to give you more recs!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try:
    Avon Old Farms Inn
    Hill-stead Museum (requires catering)
    La Trattoria Restaurant (in Canton, close to Best Buy on 44)
    Carmen Anthony's (a co-worker had her reception there) on 44 in Avon
    Wood Acres Farm (this one I can't remember where, Terryville?)
    Riverview in Simsbury, although I don't know if they have a higher min guest count

I think there is also a banquet hall in Barkhamsted, can't remember the name though

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pp mentioned La Trattoria...that might be perfect!

i'm the knottie who was married at Haight Brown in Litchfield, as jen mentioned.  it was awesome, but i had to hire all  my vendors on my own...it's certainly not all-inclusive like a restaurant would be.  but it might be worth checking out!

she may also want to look at the Avon Old Farms Inn...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it sad that I looked at the title of this post and thought,  "I don't know what Farmington Valley" means? 
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_reception-location-recommendations-farmington-valley?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f95f6be5-70c4-4953-88ef-ea1cee462743Post:a677dd2f-9a41-434c-8f45-edddd05632c1">Re: Reception location recommendations - Farmington Valley</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it sad that I looked at the title of this post and thought,  "I don't know what Farmington Valley" means? 
    Posted by ZoeTheDog[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL not at all!  i didn't know it either until i moved up here!  (it's the avon, canton, farmington, simsbury, etc area...)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Simsbury!  Aren't there a few places in Simbury aside from Riverview that we just talked about? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards