June 2013 Weddings

NWR: Big step for me... have to share

Hey ladies. So I HAVE to share my big news for today. FI came down to visit me last night and today. We found a mobile home that my brother is going to buy and rent to us so FI can move to me sooner! I never thought I'd be excited for this kind of home, but I am. It needs some work but nothing too drastic (carpet, paint, etc). I feel like this is a huge step for me and FI in starting our life because this is the first major thing we've done together.

Sorry for the NWR post, but who better to share my excitement with than all of you? I hope everybody else is having a fantastic day!

June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: NWR: Big step for me... have to share

• ...and I tried to post and the stupid wifi box thing died on me so here I go again...

That is so awesome!  I'm really happy for you and your FI! And that is really great that it doesn't need a lot work!

As for the fantastic day, I am indeed having one! lol My dad gave me a set of 1946 edition encyclopedias...yeah I'm just a nerd like that hahaha lol. I love old stuff!

But hey, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay that's so exciting!  Moving in together is so much fun!  It's a lot of compromise and stupid arguments over who is going to do the dishes, but it is so worth it.  The best part is decorating.  Picking out all new stuff together (no pink or tons of sports stuff) was really fun for me and my fiance!  It really made me realize we were starting our lives together.  You should post some pics after you get it decorated!  Congrats!
  • What an awesome development!  Living together is indeed a huge step, and it's so nice knowing your life together is beginning and you are one step closer to husband and wife :-)

Plus, in fixing it up you will take a little pride in that mobile home, that you both fixed together. 

My FI and I made a couple recent steps too (though we moved in together a year and a half ago, school related financial stuff) but we opened our first account together a few weeks ago that is our wedding fund, and will turn into our house saving fund after the wedding.  THEN geico apparently lets couples living together who are not yet married still combine insurance, bam we save 160 every six months by combining.  AND on friday we just bought our first car together.  His mom was like, wow you guys might as well be married lol.

And it all started from moving in together.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Yay! Congrats! Moving in together is so exciting! Enjoy it, seriously. My FI and I have been living together for for about a year and half, and I think sometimes we forget how well off we have it. Doing house work together will be a wonderful bonding experience.

My FI and I bought a little house that needs a bit of work this past fall and I love when we do things around the our house together. It's really gratifying and makes us feel closer.

Be excited! It's so wonderful!!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yay how exciting! FI and I have been living together for a little over 2 years, and it is so awesome. I am happy that we got the adjustment period out of the way before we are married.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for all the congrats. I'm beyond excited about this. He'll be moving around the beginning of May so we'll have the whole summer together. I still have a semester of school before graduating in December, but I won't have to split my weekends between my fraternity, family, AND visiting him anymore. I get my WHOLE family when I can come home.

And who doesn't want another reason to be on Pinterest all the time? ;)
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • OP, that is so exciting! Ditto to all the other things PP's have said. 

This may sound silly but definitely take pictures of the whole process (i.e. getting the keys, renovations, moving day, arrival of new furniture, things like that). FI took a picture of our "first meal" in the new place: me sitting at our brand-new dining table stuffing my face with In 'N Out, surrounded by boxes. LOL. I love that picture because when I look at it, it brings me back to that time period and all the excitement and nervousness I felt, and how close I felt to FI at that time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! Congrats on moving in together! FI and I have been living together for about 10 months now. It's an adjustment, that's for sure. It's so worth it though. There's something so comforting about knowing that this is 'our' house and that we will be raising a family here one day.

Be prepared to have the dumbest little arguments though. (Or at least I did because FI's house was a bachelor pad before I moved in). I swear he thinks the floor is an acceptable place to leave socks, one day he will learn what a hamper is. LOL...I hope.  We have it set up to where he does the yard work and I take care of the inside of the house, with a few exceptions along the way. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_nwr-big-step-for-me-have-to-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:7c1c31b5-b854-4149-b899-9d249f6b354cPost:7346cc81-dfed-4a46-9af3-3e259e239c68">NWR: Big step for me... have to share</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies. So I HAVE to share my big news for today. FI came down to visit me last night and today. We found a mobile home that my brother is going to buy and rent to us so FI can move to me sooner! I never thought I'd be excited for this kind of home, but I am. It needs some work but nothing too drastic (carpet, paint, etc). I feel like this is a huge step for me and FI in starting our life because this is the first major thing we've done together. <strong>Sorry for the NWR post, but who better to share my excitement with than all of you? I hope everybody else is having a fantastic day!
    </strong>Posted by blferguson1s[/QUOTE]

YAY! that is awesome!!

Also - Please don't ever be sorry for posting  NWR stuff!! Everyone is free to post whatever they like - Wedding related or not :) Makes for some interesting conversation!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • YAY!!! Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting!!! FI and I just applied for an apartment today, I'm very excited!!  I totally agree with the Pinterest comment, though i didn't REALLY need another reason to be on there!! - Thanks PP for the photo suggestion, I'll totally do that. 

Once again CONGRATS OP!!! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards