October 2013 Weddings

Wedding Planner Workbooks?

Is anyone using or planning to use a wedding planner book/workbook??  I have been looking at some on Amazon and reading reviews, but I can't decide which one to get!  Any suggestions?

Re: Wedding Planner Workbooks?

• I bought one. I tore out a bunch of pages though for things I am not using lol. I liked it because it had a bunch of checklists and ideas for money saving. It's called  The Bride's Essential Wedding Planner: Deluxe Edition.

I know some of the girls on the DIY board have made their own. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made a binder and use the things provided by TK. Everything I spend goes on an excel spreadsheet and when I update it I print it out and put it in the binder. All my pictures of stuff I like, venders, contracts, are all in the binder.

• oh thanks for the idea about checking used bookstores!!  I definitely don't want to be spending a lot of money on books while I am trying to save for the wedding!  :)
  • 1-800-registry. when you sign up, you get a free planner/workbook. its a 3 ring binder and its pretty fancy. I havent used the site at all and i dont plan to but the planner is handy. I also tossed out the pages that dont apply to me.
  • You've probably already bought/decided against a wedding planning book already, but I've had great luck with one called The Anti-Bride Wedding Planner. It's all about making your wedding day truly yours, not a cookie cutter event indistiguishable from every other wedding. I really like it :D

I'm also told that the Idiots Guide to Wedding Planning (or maybe it was a "For Dummies" book...) is quite good. I haven't tried it yet, but I've always enjoyed others in the same series, so I'm guessing it'll be good... Hope this helps :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards