Texas-Houston

P' Off!

Ugh, my SOON to be mother in law is just getting on my last nerve!
Its MY wedding not yours!
She wants it this way that way,why this color why that why everything!
 Sorry guys had to let sum steam off!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: P' Off!

• edited December 2011
    oh no! I have found that all of my co-workers want to be involved,I don't even know them like that...one invited herself so to be a part of the wedding party (I DONT THINK SO) anyhow everyone is going to have input and want to suggest things so just let her say what she wants and you continue to do you.

It will be OKLaughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • lawddlawdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I know.BUT its the fact that she's inviting alllllllllllllllllllllll her coworkers,friends and extended family that she hasnt spoken to in years!Hello we're paying off OUR wedding she's not helping!
     And I know what you mean,I've had people I havent spoken to in YEARS invite themselves to my wedding"congrats Im invited right?heres my address" WTH!?I dnt think so booboo!Yell

counting to ten....OUSA OUSA..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

WTH? okay now if she'd inviting people then I'd let her know,"listen I understand you want to invite such & such but the cost to add more people is this per person and we have paid for this amount" maybe she'll hand over some money...
    Or
    She will not invite anyone else because she won't want to hand over the money.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I can't believe that you are having MIL issues so early into the engagement. Keep your cool and enjoy the ride!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My MIL tried that and I had my FI step and tell her it wasn't her wedding - she listened to him b/c he's her son. I don't want you to think it was that easy - he has to confront her on almost a bi-weekly basis, but at least it works and has made our relationship stronger b/c he's sticking up for me to her.
  • annab0521annab0521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think every bride has one family member like this.  Mine is my future sis in law.  Easier said than done, I know, but try to just look at it as her being excited for your wedding... I think my FMIL is pretending (hoping??) its all a bad dream. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're paying for the wedding, then you and your FI have every right to refuse who is/sn't invited to the wedding.  Your FI needs to let his mother know that she can't be inviting everyone.  In the end, you will be sending out the invitations, so nix those ppl from the invite list.  If she is adamant about having these ppl, have your FMIL pay for their plates.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_p-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:79d922ea-f116-4b50-8258-78d40ac79fecPost:03d5c536-753f-4193-b11d-c10300a730df">Re: P' Off!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're paying for the wedding, then you and your FI have every right to refuse who is/sn't invited to the wedding.  Your FI needs to let his mother know that she can't be inviting everyone.  In the end, you will be sending out the invitations, so nix those ppl from the invite list.  If she is adamant about having these ppl, have your FMIL pay for their plates.
    Posted by sweet__pea[/QUOTE]

This.

If it's any consolation, FMIL handed me her list (1/2 of whom FI has no idea who they are) and said, "Most of these people won't come but they might send money."

Umm. WTF. Geez!!
    BabyName Ticker
  • STBMrsDavisSTBMrsDavis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_p-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:79d922ea-f116-4b50-8258-78d40ac79fecPost:65bde5f3-e95a-42b1-96e9-66be8cefbaa4">Re: P' Off!</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh no! I have found that all of my co-workers want to be involved,I don't even know them like that...one invited herself so to be a part of the wedding party (I DONT THINK SO) anyhow everyone is going to have input and want to suggest things so just let her say what she wants and you continue to do you. It will be OK
    Posted by liyahlane[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG SAME HERE!!! everyone and their mother wants to help and I don't even know half of these people... and the girl at work has asked me SEVERAL times as well as my fiance if she's going to be a bridesmaid... what do you say to that? i don't even know how to respond!</div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lawddlawdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Fiance and I had a loooooooooooooong talk over the weekend.He stood up to her! =]] And let her know that unless she wants to pay for they're plates for her to stop inviting everybody and anybody.That it is MY day not hers!Yaaaaay!She just better not pull another stunt like that. Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards