Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Ring Shopping Help

I need help finding an engagement ring.

We just bought our dream wedding bands, They are made of Tungsten and look more grey metal then white silver. I am looking for an engagement ring to match them but all the ring I find are all bright silver and don’t match the tungsten bands.

Has anyone seen anything like what I am looking for?

Thanks!

Re: Ring Shopping Help

• Options
    A little confused as to why you've bought your wedding bands before your engagement ring...
  • Options
    Ditto pp. That is a bit odd...
  • Options
    i'm very confused.... Undecided
  • Options
    Hhmm, I looked online, can't seem to find any tungsten engagement rings....my fiance's band is similar but I chose to have a diamond one that matched engagement ring instead....I think those bands look better on men since they're a lil thicker. You might ask the jewelry store for suggestions.
  • Options
    The reason there aren't many engagement rings in Tungsten is because tungsten is a very brittle metal. It cannot really be molded and is not ideal for holding stones because although it is very hard and does not scratch easily the metal can shatter (which is obviously a problem if its whats holding in a large diamond).

Honestly, there really isn't any other metal that has the same coloring as tungsten used in jewelry. The only thing that has that same dark tone is maybe an older platinum ring with a bit of a patina. 

• Options
    Are you stuck on wearing them as a set? You could always purchase a non-matching engagement ring, wear it on your left hand then move it to your right when you get married.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards