Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Finally! More checks!

So, after a lull in wedding planning (at a time when perhaps there shouldn't have been a lull) I have accomplished a ton of huge checks!

I reserved a block of 20 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express near my venue. That process was so much easier than I ever expected it to be. Seriously. So. Much. Easier.

I also finally made a final decision on the dresses. We're doing these super cute cocktail length Alfred Sung dresses. I wanted to do the whole pick-a-color-and-brand-and-let-them-go-crazy approach, but my MOH and I found these four dresses with the same overall shape and skirt type (pleated and flouncy and oh-so-adorable) but four different necklines. That way, there's some variety, but not so much that my bridesmaids are overwhelmed. And, we're guaranteed they'll all look cute together.

We're halfway through completing the order, and the girls have strict instruction to get it done by the end of the week. Then they should be in within about 10 weeks.

Now I just need to book a DJ, finalize my linen rental plans (I contacted Deckci ages ago, but wasn't able to place a deposit then... so hopefully they're still available for my wedding date) and buy/assemble the invitations. THEN I will FINALLY feel like I'm actually where I should be for someone getting married in like 109 days.

Re: Finally! More checks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards