Missouri-Kansas City

Photographer

Who are you girls going with for a photographer?  There are so many out there I'm having a hard time narrowing down the ones I want to go meet with.  We're spending a lot on the reception, so I don't have as much to spend on photography.

Re: Photographer

• sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Bill Artman. Our wedding isn't until Jun., but we're happy with him so far. He did our engagement pics, and they turned out really well. He also did my cousin's wedding a few years ago, and she really liked him.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Katie Day for our engagement pictures. www.katiedayphoto.com She was a lot fun to work with and had such great ideas. Our pictures turned out so good!!!! She is having a baby when our wedding is so we are using here assistant. www.wigwagstudios.com and she is a little cheaper! HTH! 
  • edited December 2011
    I am a photographer and even though I know most of the photographers in KC I had trouble finding an affordable one. Noone offers discounts and I refused to pay $4000 when I know it personally isn't that hard to do and doesn't need to cost that much.
    I'm actually using cornerstonephotography.com The girl who owns it, Morgan, is wonderful and her work is beautiful! She went to UCM with me and got a degree in photography from there. And for the price it's impossible not to turn down! $1200 and rights to all images on a high-res cd to print anywhere you want! Pinch me, its too perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Sara Dickerson Photography.  She was resonable and we get a copy right released CD, 2 photogarphers (all day), 2 albums (1 of the albums is instead of an engagement session) for $2600, plus we had a 10% off coupon.  We really liked her when we met with her and her photos were beautiful. 
    HTH
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Tiffany of Dolce Bella Photography (http://www.dolcebellaphotography.com). We have next to no budget and she worked with us since she's a newer photographer. We have her all day, plus an engagement session and a day-after session, and copyright release for around $650. We already did our engagement session with her and were very happy - she is so sweet and easy to work with!

If you have a little more money, I recommend Aaron at Blue Rue. He's a little more expensive but TOTALLY worth it. I love his work!! I did a boudoir session with him and it was great; just picked up my book yesterday and it's fabulous! Not sure exactly where he starts (I think it's in the $2500-$3000 range but don't quote me on that) but trust me, so worth it! If I had the extra money I'd hire him in a heart beat!

ETA: Just wanted to say, I didn't mean to sound like Tiffany was 2nd rate! She is great! Aaron is just also wonderful for a bigger budget.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Mark Sorenson.  Good luck...I agree that this was one of the more challenging aspects of wedding planning!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW!!! I am so happy you posted this!! I am having such a hard time too! Thank you!
  • mollysophiamollysophia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You ladies should also consider asking students at the Kansas City Art Institute. A lot of us (yes, I'm one of them) are very professional and take beautiful photographs (and will photograph for a lot less than others with "real" studios. I'd say if you want romantic, creative, inexpensive photos, please consider us Artitute students!

Edit: I'm talking inexpensive like less than a grand. And we all have wonderful portfolios.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also a photographer. I have a photography degree from UCM in Warrensburg and have been photographing weddings on the side for the past decade. If anyone wants an afforable, professionally trained photographer talk to me :)
  • mollysophiamollysophia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too, KCAI soon to be graduate in Photography.
  • edited December 2011
    BeauVaughn is absolutely wonderful!!!
  • irisleafirisleaf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Iris Leaf Photography great people!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Keith with Prairie Fire Images. He does great work. His stuff is compairable to high end KC photographers but he is based in Topeka so his prices are lower.
  • OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm bumping this back up in case anyone is still looking for a photographer.

I'm using Monika with Monphotography.  She starts at $1200 for all day coverage, unlimited pictures/locations, and a DVD of images with rights. 

If I had a larger budget I probably would have gone with Josh Solar.  I love his work, but unfortunately can't afford it.  He starts around $3000.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • annandericannanderic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Borozinski Photography. Let me just say that they did an AMAZING job. I know I have posted this in other places... but I really can't say enough good things. They were soo creative! I have never seen a style like theirs and still be affordable.
    www.borozinskiphoto.com
    check out the "about me" page... just to give you an idea of their creativity...  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards