African American Weddings
Options

Too many pictures or go for it

We have a large wall in the reception ballroom that can display slideshow presentations. I wanted to do one of me growing up during the father/daughter dance and then one of him during the mother/son. I think I saw that on a daily gorgeous wedding post! Well then FMIL and FFIL mentioned they went to a wedding and as guests were being seated from cocktail hour and then again after dinner a slide show of the couple played. Just kind of in the background but their pictures of vacations and things over the years. Sure I like that too. Then...the entrance we want to do is like an NBA starting line up type of intro. So I thought it would be cool as we announce each bridal party member to have a picture of them with one of us. They are all family except my bff of 10+ years so either way we would have all these young silly/embarrassing pictures.

Is that doing too many pictures? FFIL is the slideshow guru so he's doing them all and it's not a burden to him. Do you think the guests will enjoy it or is it too much? I would enjoy it but that's obviously because it's my idea! LOL
imageAnniversary

Re: Too many pictures or go for it

• Options
    Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think this is a wonderful idea!!! I really do like that. Like PP, definitely go for it. I don't think it's too much. 

click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Do it!!! I loveee pictures and I think its so touching
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Too many pictures or go for it:[QUOTE]Do it!!! I loveee pictures and I think its so touching Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

This
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    I like the idea! I went to a wedding where they did a slide show of them over the years together (they were together for 10 years) and while they were showing pictures, Louie Armstrongs "it's a wonderful world" played. awwwww *tear*. i cried. it was beautiful.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    This sounds like a great idea.. I think you should do it.. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Its ur wedding go for it!
  • Options
    Do it, do it, do it!
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Options
    Great! Thanks for the input!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    DO it Do it Do it!! What a great idea
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_too-many-pictures-or-go-for-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ac2dc9b8-6c1f-4071-bb8f-7fe0d93c1adaPost:f56d2ffe-80ec-42fa-bbf6-78b839e92d19">Re: Too many pictures or go for it</a>:
    [QUOTE]DO it Do it Do it!! What a great idea
    Posted by kittybutton[/QUOTE]

We only have 32 days!!!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards