Hawaii
Options

First Wedding Nightmare

I had my first wedding nightmare last night! My hair and makeup person made me look like a clown, the power went out in the hotel, and there were not enough chairs for all the guests at the ceremony. It was awful...I woke up in a panic. Up until this point, I have been so relaxed about the whole planning process, but now I starting to feel the pressure. Anyone else feeling like this or experience this???

Re: First Wedding Nightmare

• Options
    MissP.MissP. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh honey...you will get a LOT more of those! Ive had HORRIBLE ones too..and they feel SO real. It is totally normal but try to remember that your wedding will be wonderful and will go smoothly, as planned =)
  • Options
    lindskalindska member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    girl, right there with you.  i am having my dress made with milly bridal in china, and i keep having nightmares that on my wedding day, the dress is green or orange or yellow and just awful! or things like my FI doesn't know where to be and when and says no-one is at the ceremony site and there is no caterer and there aren't any rentals and no-one is ready! dude, these weddings can really mess with us! thank goodness that we wake up and realize that we are still in the clear. whew. hang in there...!
    lindsay and kaata - june 21, 2010 - lani phase II my planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I only had one the whole time... I arrived on Maui, it was the day of the wedding and I realized I hadn't booked the florist or the caterer. I couldn't figure out why I wouldn't have done that before I showed up on the island.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, have had at least one nightmare a week!  In one I was so worried that I wasn't going to be able to try every flavor of my wedding cake and I didn't know what was going to happen to all the leftovers!  Last night it was all about how bad my hair looked.  50 more days to go and I'm hoping it doesn't keep happening! 
  • Options
    machan2010machan2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ugh, I have them too!  Mine are always that I didn't do something I should have...like telling the florist what kind/color of flowers we want, etc.  FI had his first last week...it was that we didn't have the money to pay for everything!!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, I had several of these too.  Most of them had to do with the wedding day coming and me not having anything booked or planned.  The positive to it was that it made me get my butt in gear and start planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness! I've had so many crazy dreams!  Either I was bald or my hair was blue, day before the wedding I took the gown out of the bag and it was the wrong dress.
    Another crazy one, I was walking through a department store in my gown trying to return a fan - don't know what the heck that was all about!?!?!

Last week, I had one where I missed my flight to Maui. Then had fight with a flight attendant over my dress (after she said I had to gate check my gown).

It's totally normal girl!  
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here. I didn't have anyone to do my hair and the flowers never made it to the site. I think everyone has these!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards