New Hampshire

Impossible Hopes- Venues

Hey All,

So, I have JUST started the wedding planning processes.  Right now we are looking into all sorts of options, but my Fiance wanted to find a place that could do the following...

A. Self- catering, as in, a non licensed caterer.
B. Had a nice view, mountains, lakes, oceans, whatever. 
C. Cheap! 
D. Allowed alcohol of some type.  We are fine going with their service or whatever, but a dry site is a no go for me.
E. Inside reception. 
F. Can host at least 100 people, probably closer to 130.

Thanks for the help guys!

Re: Impossible Hopes- Venues

• I think you're going to have trouble finding venues that allow food from non-licensed caterers. Places like community/senior centers...churches allow that.

http://www.tewksburykofc.com/ The one in Tewksbury is very nice.... no views. not sure if you can have a non licensed caterer or not.

Elks Club in Portsmouth is inexpensive and has views but you have to use their caterer i believe: http://www.yelp.com/biz/elks-portsmouth-grill-room-portsmouth
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I read somewhere else that a good idea is to rent out a vacation house on a lake. So it won't be as formal as an actual wedding venue, but you have control of what's going on. 
  • Vacation houses are typically not cheap. The one my family has gets rented out for $2-3k per week....by the week only.

I was going to have my wedding there, and it was going to cost me $5k more to rent everything from the tables and plates to the portapotties and a limo to bring people from the parking area to the house because there wasn't going to be enough street parking. I was so stressed. We thought it was going to be cheaper because it was at a house!
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Sterling Hill farm allows outside caterers and quoted me for around $1200. Unfortunately they didn't have the date I wanted available but they might work for you.
  • Audacia2Audacia2 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_impossible-hopes-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:7465d375-ae09-47c2-82b8-20393224c6e8Post:19ec2efa-64c7-4cb3-83cd-0b15481fac1d">Re: Impossible Hopes- Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sterling Hill farm allows outside caterers and quoted me for around $1200. Unfortunately they didn't have the date I wanted available but they might work for you.
    Posted by LilGirlNic[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to have a link, quick google search turned too much for me to figure out what place you were talking about!  Thanks! You guys are great.
  • We are getting married at Church Landing in Meredith.  It's not cheap, but when we priced it compared to places like Castleton or Promises to Keep, it actually came out failry close in price.  The facilities fees are higher, but the plated dinners are reasonable.  If you choose an off peak day (we are doing a Friday in November), you can save one some of the facility fees as well.  And the place is absolutely gorgeous!
  • OP, I guess I didn't know what you meant by Cheap!  $1200 is ok as a venue fee?  What's your budget?
    imageimageimage

• Well we an pay more for the venue if we can do the food ourselves.
  • You can also look into camps (in the off-season) near the lakes and mountains.  I went to a neat clambake style wedding reception out in Fitzwilliam, NH that was at a girls summer camp.  The bride was allowed to bring in her own choice of caterers, and use the mess hall's kitchen facility.  It was lovely!
  • My friend had her ceremony at the Langdon House in Portsmouth NH. She walked through archways of flowers and vines. Then went to the Elks which is right on the water.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards