Snarky Brides

Unnecessary FB status updates:

Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:

• I have a "friend" who used to work as a Live-in Caretaker. And all day long she would complain that "George needs to do this, and George needs to that." "I need to take George to the hospital, because he fell while going down the stairs, because he was hungry, and couldn't just wait until I was ready to make him lunch". Umm, it's your JOB, number 1, and number 2, she actually WAITED to take him to the Hospital, until she was done telling FB what a horrid, horrid person she was.

Then she complained when she lost her job, and had to move back in with her parents. She's also been asking people on FB for free stuff, for her to sell at a Garage sale. Umm, what?!
  • I can't imagine what a conversation with her would be like, Nebb. I'm imaginin the dog from UP. "Squirrel!"
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:a2117732-a141-4909-929f-374c06cc712b">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't imagine what a conversation with her would be like, Nebb. I'm imaginin the dog from UP. "Squirrel!"
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    Hah thats pretty close to the truth. I saw her driving down the street the other day and she was belting out a song quite emphatically in her car.
  • I use fb to vent and put stuff but I also would never cross those lines when having a child or children. This woman has soo much out there it could definitely be used against her if like Children services ever got involved. That is crazy stuff right there.

Some are just crazy ridiculous and I now see that some of mine were crazy too but I don't think they even compare to some of the ones I see. Mine were the most crazy when I broke up with EX FI and moved. But that was my way out and only way of whining or whatever you have it. I had no one around me whatsoever (other then parents) to cry to or anything. So I used FB as a way out.
    I definitely don't do that no more.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    During all the work crap ive been going through I posted one status basically bemoaning my life. A friend of mine texted me and scolded me for complaining on fb too much because its lame, and I informed him that I might not have a job so he can shove it. He then said he felt like an asshole and apologized hah.
  • It might just be a personality thing too. I am pretty private about stuff. The only people I vent to are H and my best friend. I don't discuss arguments between me and H (and it wierds me out when people do this on FB) nor did I ever post updates about the wedding.
  • There's another girl that I'm friends with who is ku by her loser kinda-sorta bf.  She was bitching for awhile that she just CAN'T afford what her insurance company charges when she has the kid and that she WISHES SHE WERE UNEMPLOYED SO THAT IT WOULD BE TOTALLY COVERED.

Um, wha??

If you can't afford that, how are you going to afford a kid?!??
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That makes me sad for her child. She's going to be born into a rough situation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:6f72caa2-5c00-4bb5-b5e1-587e3ac64617">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's another girl that I'm friends with who is ku by her loser kinda-sorta bf.  She was bitching for awhile that she just CAN'T afford what her insurance company charges when she has the kid and that she WISHES SHE WERE UNEMPLOYED SO THAT IT WOULD BE TOTALLY COVERED. Um, wha?? If you can't afford that, how are you going to afford a kid?!??
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

:::shudder:::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned, but bible verses make me vomitous.
  • This is from J's cousin:

hate fucking life, it sucks big. i do sh!t for people then they fvck me in the ass. why are people like that.... i need to get away from here and the assholes.......... fvck you who fucked me in the ass.......

Mind you, her family (mom, dad, sisters, cousins, aunts, etc) are all on FB and can read her statuses. Huh.
  • People who post "deep thoughts" and complex poetry and whatnot just to show everyone how profound and intelligent they are.

The "OMG my life is horrible! But I can't tell you why" people.
  • Whatever, Sco. You'd be pissed too if you got fucked in the ass for doing shiit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:00714835-e80d-4cc1-a7b7-505913b15578">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is from J's cousin: hate fucking life, it sucks big. i do sh!t for people then they fvck me in the ass. why are people like that.... i need to get away from here and the assholes.......... fvck you who fucked me in the ass....... Mind you, her family (mom, dad, sisters, cousins, aunts, etc) are all on FB and can read her statuses. Huh.
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

She sounds awesome. Lemme guess, she's also job hunting and can't understand why she hasn't been hired yet?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:f34e13a5-add9-438d-87f9-b095f1771afa">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whatever, Sco. You'd be pissed too if you got fucked in the ass for doing shiit.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Ha!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:9c6f7608-bb4a-47da-a451-d0508f8f9d6c">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unnecessary FB status updates: : She sounds awesome. Lemme guess, she's also job hunting and can't understand why she hasn't been hired yet?
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Oh no, she has a job. She's in the "life is always hard and never on my side" catagory. And talks crap about her family on fb constantly.
  • The ones Monday-Saturday with ridiculous amounts of cussing, telling everyone how high/drunk you stay, bad mouthing everyone, all the guys you go home with from the bar, etc....... but on Sunday - all bible verses.

and the "...." wth did you even waste your time doing that? If you don't have anything to say, just leave it alone.
    MAY 2011 SIGGY CHALLENGE : YOU & MOH (I was also her MOH)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Bio**
  • "God is the greatest thing that ever existed and everyone who doesn't have a relationship with God is going to hell. Repost if you love God!!!!!!!!!!"

I know more about my friend's 6 month old babies tummy problems that you guys know about my ttc saga. Yeah, that says a lot.

My old coworker's posts are always some form of "Ni**er plz, FcK U Mthr FcKer. Ni**a's nEd 2 B gettin der noses out of muh Bzness" (I put in the stars, he has the actual word, he's not black)

He is also fighting with his baby momma over FB all the time. The sad thing is he's the responsible parent. He's 23, she's 18 and the baby is 2.
  • I know someone who posts EVERY day about being bored.  I responded one day that maybe she needed to find a hobby if she is truly that bored every day.

I can't stand updates that are "copy and paste if you agree with x, y, and z."

I also know someone who sells Pampered Chef products, and almost every post is about putting in orders to her or about how much she loves her products.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • edited August 2010
    Update after update about karaoke-ing.  Good grief.

...oh wait.
    Photobucket
  • Things show up on my newsfeed like, "Ashley completed the job interview task in Sorority Life," and then they complain about unemployment benefits. I want to comment, "Do this in real life." I know that makes me an asshole though.

• I kind of understand about the BB posts now, but still not really. My internet costs me about $30 a month I think (it's part of a stupid bundle deal super secret fees because Comcast sucks deal). I looked into getting a BB for Scott for work and it costs $200 for the phone, and the cheapest plan we could get that the BB works with would be around $80 a month. So wouldn't it be cheaper to just get internet? Or get dial-up for super cheap?

Oh, this gem just came in the other day from a "friend" who is 21.
    "FINALLY GOT KNOCKED UP!!!!! It took us SOOO long so thanks for the support. I'M GONNA BE A mOm!!!!!!!"

She got off birth control 2 months ago so at best she is 6 weeks pregnant, and seriously, stfu about it being "sooo long".  Baby's daddy is 22 and has no job. Neither does she.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:d144868e-85df-48bb-940b-bdb7b19d4766">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I kind of understand about the BB posts now, but still not really. My internet costs me about $30 a month I think (it's part of a stupid bundle deal super secret fees because Comcast sucks deal). I looked into getting a BB for Scott for work and it costs $200 for the phone, and the cheapest plan we could get that the BB works with would be around $80 a month. <strong>So wouldn't it be cheaper to just get internet? Or get dial-up for super cheap?</strong> Oh, this gem just came in the other day from a "friend" who is 21. "FINALLY GOT KNOCKED UP!!!!! It took us SOOO long so thanks for the support. I'M GONNA BE A mOm!!!!!!!" She got off birth control 2 months ago so at best she is 6 weeks pregnant, and seriously, stfu about it being "sooo long".  Baby's daddy is 22 and has no job. Neither does she.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

We needed phones. We didn't have cable, internet, or a house phone, so adding $20 a month for both of us to have Internet on our phones, made a lot more sense than getting the computer fixed, getting Internet, buying / renting a Modem, and wireless router (because the only cable / phone line outlet thing in our entire apartment is next to the Front Door. Who DOES THAT? You can't get a desk next to a door.. ) so in the long run, it was WAYYYY cheaper for us to pay a little extra momey for Internet on our phones.. That's just my situation though. For the most part, yes, it's definitely way cheaper to just get Internet.
  • My cousin always posts random crap that no one cares about. I know she does it to get attention, and its annoying. She also has the WORST spelling and grammer. Really, how hard is it to spell the word later??
  • Ah gotcha, yeah that makes much more sense :)

I was so pissed when Comcast hooked us up because the only place where our modem could go was apparently in the room we designated as the future nursery. I hate having electronics in bedrooms, especially for babies but apparently to move it involves rewiring a lot of stuff. It also meant I had to get wireless for my computer and so Scott could get his PSN.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:ad417524-9589-40bf-b9f2-9d88a7ff9f50">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if this has been mentioned, but bible verses make me vomitous.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I agree 100%! </div>
    Anniversary
  • I just finished having the best sex...with 2 married men! such a slut..

me "your sitting on sex sheets"
    sarah "oh my god! im going home to have a shower"

Both of these were from my 20 year old cousin. Second one was a comment on a real life convo she must have had that day.
    What makes it worse is she is friends with my dad (her uncle), her parents etc.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:d35b80ee-21f0-48d4-a012-00d1986293ec">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see the potty training status' as well- All the time! Someone I know even wrote about her son smearing his feces on the wall  ewwww And I especially hate the the break-ups and make-ups posts.<strong> People air their dirty laundry on FB way too much.</strong>
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]

FI and I have a "friend" who is DRAMA - a sample of her posts:

"<span class="UIStory_Message">Ugh I have seriously had it with you stupida$$ males only looking at me for one thing-So completely fed up! I do have a brain, personality and sense of humor ya know! Morons!"

"</span><span class="UIStory_Message">I hate liars!!! Just throwin that out there."

"</span><span class="UIStory_Message">Trust no one."  

"</span><span class="UIStory_Message">I really dont want to talk to anyone right now and just want to be left alone. I don't need to hear the same sh*t over and over again and all the typical cliches. Not going to make me feel better. Thanks."

</span>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hate that if you don't post about how excited you are to go out with friends they get upset as if you don't care.

Now every time I go out with friends... my FB status is updated.... it's about the only thing I ever update anymore.. and I hate that I feel like I HAVE to do it so I don't hurt their feelings.

Way too much emotion wrapped up in FB
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Unnecessary FB status updates::
    [QUOTEMy old coworker's posts are always some form of "Ni**er plz, FcK U Mthr FcKer. Ni**a's nEd 2 B gettin der noses out of muh Bzness" (I put in the stars, he has the actual word, he's not black) Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

This! I hate this! One of my friends from facebook always posts things about how dramatic her friends are and how crazy they are. Here is a sample of some wisdom she offered to the FB community.

"to all the haters I hope one day u grow up and realize hating is def not a good look. lol. get ur grown and sexy on then u can b on my level. ;)"
    Photobucket aedesisgettingmarried.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards