Not Engaged Yet

He proposed

Just thought i'd share. My bf of 5 years popped the question lastnight. It was just the two of us and he got down on both knees and asked me to marry him:) I'm simply loving the bliss of being engaged to my sons father. I love him and my new ring!!

Photo: Couldn't wait to share!!! He asked and I said yes!!! Love you baby
I Cant wait to start my forever with my best friend! To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.~Borrowed this:-)

Re: He proposed

• aaaand you are.....????
  • Cool story bro.

• Congrats! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WHERE DO ALL OF THESE PEOPLE COME FROM

• Dude, since when can you hide your post history? Not cool.

I recognize this name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I recognize your SN but I have no idea who you are.

Beautiful ring.

• BF of 5 years? So this was a lie?

ugh. Can't paste on tablet. Someone google 'ericsbabygirl26'. She posted a year ago saying her SO passed away. I was worried that it wasnt her, but the sig quote is the same.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    It came up 'Alpine' weddings for me.

ETA: duh, wrkn. That's what she said the first time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:e64a9929-cf75-4643-ac88-f15b799cf4c2">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He proposed : I fixed the links.  The Alpine is just a mirror of this site.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I remember when TK went looney and we woke up in China one day. </div>
  • Oh hell no.  NOT COOL.

You don't lie about losing a loved one.  I am pissed.
  • I really hope we have this all wrong. I went back and read previous posts from OP. REALLY messed up if that story of SO passing away was fake. I'll wait for OP to come back to explain, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:69288eb6-3dfb-4537-9164-66f869df20bb">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He proposed : Yeah, didn't she legit make some of the regs cry?

<--------------  Ummm, yeah.  This very reg, in fact.

I'm genuinely angry right now.  Like, fuuucking pissed.
  • WTF? Who lies about something like that?! And did you forget you lied about it? I'd love to see anyone try to explain this...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:04256a55-7078-43ce-8cca-e533a9852cb1">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's either lying about the SO dying, lying about how long she's been with current FI, or was doing double duty.  

Whatever the case, she should have at least had the damn sense to create a new username.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised -- there was a girl on SB a year or so ago who also made up a story about losing her FI...  but FFS WHYYY would you screw with people's emotions like that?

I hope you're happy, OP.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:1c9642df-4944-434f-b06a-549b0164f939">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He proposed : Whatever the case, she should have at least had the damn sense to create a new username. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised -- there was a girl on SB a year or so ago who also made up a story about losing her FI...  <strong>but FFS WHYYY would you screw with people's emotions like that? </strong>I hope you're happy, OP.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Because you're a fuucking psycho.

• First, I was wondering who you were when you posted about your engagement.  Now - seriously?!  If you lied about something like that you are sick.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What?? Sounds like she got back with Baby Daddy after losing SO last year and then lied about length of time they were together, or maybe not recognizing the fact she had another SO for a while. At least that's what I hope. I cannot fathom why someone would lie about losing a SO.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I was another of the regs who cried.

OP - You owe us an explanation.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WTH? What is wrong with people?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Me right now, having read the entire thread:

• Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    WOW OP. You have some explaining to do. I hope Tarra is right in that you're baby's daddy is the guy of 5 years. Esp since that post said you and your deceased bf would have been dating for a year that June and that is when your bf was going to propose.

Maybe you should watch the way you word things if that ^ is the case.....

• Get back under your bridge, OP.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:19313c26-b8bc-4e0e-be29-9d465d1116b0">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He proposed : Beeeeean!!!  <3  I love the HP trollface.  And your face.

And I love yours.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean

• This is... like...  beyond trolling.  What's worse than a troll?

• edited June 2012
    I have two friends who have dated dudes for a while, broke up, were in serious relationships with other people, got back with their first BFs, and just continued to count from their first anniversary. 

So they'll say that they've been together with their SOs for 10 or 11 years, when really, they dated for a few years, dated another guy or two for another few years (yes, other serious relationships), and then got back with the original guy and all of a sudden they're celebrating 10 years together. At the one girl's wedding, if you didn't know she had a different serious BF in college, you would have just thought they dated for 9 years straight. The length of their relationship was mentioned more than once.

Edited because I originally posted on the mobile site, which we all know completely sucks.
  • I'm hoping Liv is right and there is just some miscommunication here.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards