Wedding Reception Forum

Location???

I'm not planning a destination wedding or anything but most of my family lives here, would it be unreasonable to book my reception an hour away?

Re: Location???

• Just to clarify,

My fiancee and I met in the same town, and the majority of our guestlist lives within a few miles. I absolutely fell in love with this country cub a little over an hour away. I feel guilty making most of them travel farther so I can have my perfect venue. This isn't bridezilla is it? There are going to be several people coming from out-of-state to be there...oh I don't know :P

• IMO, 1 hour away does not make it a destination wedding.   That's probably the upper limit if you want to travel between ceremony and reception... but for everything there, if you love it, I think you should go with it. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • If your ceremony is held there as well, I don't see a problem.  If your guests have to travel an hour between the two.....honestly I would be peeved.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I live in LA, so everything is an hour away.  I wouldn't see a problem with it.  To make things easier on your guests, you might bump things toward the middle of the day.  An hour's drive home at 9pm wouldn't bug me, but an hour's drive home at midnight is a lot less appealing.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards