Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

To all those that had a candy buffet...

If you had a candy buffet can you post your pics? Need ideas for containers...thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: To all those that had a candy buffet...

• We did ours in glass bowls and vases from Hobby Lobby. They have a regular 50% off glassware sale and were able to get everything pretty inexpensively.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• how did the candy withstand? was it over crowded with people? and was there a ton of candy or not enough at the end? was it worth it?
  • I haven't gotten pictures back yet, so I don't have one to post. I used plastic jars in varying heights to give the table some dimension. I also made cupcakes to serve in addition to the candy. Most of my guests headed towards them before the candy and they ate the candy I didn't expect them to eat like dipped pretzel rods and sugar cookies rather than M & M's and kisses. I think it depends on your guests and how quickly you serve dinner. Mine was served right away, so guests weren't waiting to eat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_those-candy-buffet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:620db5fd-5d72-47fa-800e-0f3f281494faPost:b05ccb7e-61c8-441c-8fac-185a8cf31b69">Re: To all those that had a candy buffet...</a>:
    [QUOTE]how did the candy withstand? was it over crowded with people? and was there a ton of candy or not enough at the end? was it worth it?
    Posted by BRITTANY143dsl[/QUOTE]

We ended up with a lot of candy leftover. There were people going up to it throughout the night and it was never crowded.  We had it set-up back by the bar so as guests were getting drinks they went up and filled their candy bags. Candy buffets aren't popular here so it was a big hit at our wedding.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards