Ohio-Cincinnati

Most important vendors to have

Hey girls
Could you guys give each vendor category a rank?
IE:
photographer
cake
limo...etc

but in order from high to low.

Thanks
Just counting down the days :)

Re: Most important vendors to have

• edited December 2011
    Venue
    attire
    Hair/makeup
    Photographer
    Caterer
    DJ
    cake
    Limo

Just my opinion. I think the venue makes the biggest impact on the feel of the event. Next most important is how you look, then pictures because they are the only thing that will last.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Reception venue
    Photographer
    DJ
    Food
    Attire
    Hair/Makeup
    Cake
    Limo

Venue is the first impression people will have, and its where you will spend the majority of your wedding, so make it a good one!
    Your photos will last a lifetime, so dont skimp on that either.
    The DJ can make or BREAK your party, so get someone who will keep the party going.

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This is my opinion:

1. Venue
    2. Caterer
    3. Photographer & V
    ideographer
    4. DJ
    5. Attire
    6. Hair/makeup
    7. Flowers
    8. Cake

1. The venue sets the budget and setting.
    2. The food and alcohol are what guests look forward to the most when they go to a wedding.  Most surveys show that guests aim to spend $70-100 on their wedding gift based on their personal estimate of the cost of their meal, not on how nice your wedding was.
    3. Without pictures or video to capture the moment, everything is just a memory.
    4. Music makes or breaks the party.
    5 & 6. If you feel beautiful then you'll act joyful on your Big Day.
    7. Unless they are big on design or are engaged themselves, most guests will not be able to recall what flowers you had the day after your wedding.  Focus your arrangements on the table and near the bar area where the guests will spend most of their time.
    8. It depends on how big of cake lovers your guests are but most guests pay attention to the cake and cake filling moreso than the look itself.  As long as it is tasty and looks decent, guests will like it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

For me, it was...

1. Venue/Caterer (mine was all in one).  If you get a bad one (like my first hall), it will ruin the experience. 
    2. Photographer.  Not only are the pictures your memories, but the photographer is someone who is going to spend the whole day with you.  Get someone you feel comfortable with.
    3.  DJ- Someone has to keep the party going.

4.  Dress
    5.  Transportation- If transportation messes up, the whole day is messed up.  Even being 30 minutes late can ruin all of your plans.

6.  Cake  (Honestly?  Ask people who don't have wedding brain and they tell you they don't like wedding cake.  Funny how many people I've heard say that.)

7.  Flowers

8.  Hair/Makeup

• Kel7284Kel7284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay thanks a lot.  I was thinking the Phoenix (my friend had her wedding their and it was lovely)...I was also thinking maybe a hotel downtown for reception.
    Has anyoned used a hotel and if so which one?
    Just counting down the days :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am thinking about having my reception at a downtown hotel too. I'm planning on visiting the radisson, marriott, and embassy suites hotels later this month to talk with someone, tour the ballrooms, etc. i have heard from people on here that both the marriott and embassy suites are very nice! i am leaning toward embassy suites because it has a smaller room with a skyline view and outdoor patio for cocktail hour then a larger dining room for dinner and dancing. i also remember someone telling me that it was less expensive then the marriott. good luck!

When We Said "I Do:" August 6, 2011

My Newlywed Blog: The "I-Do Diaries"
  • mschneid02mschneid02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My list.
    1. Officiant.  Our ceremony is our first priority.
    2. Wedding planner: cuts my time down a ton and is essential for the wedding day so that my out of town family don't have to lift a finger.
    3. Reception Venue - we love ours - the Cincinnati Museum Center.  We prioritized drinks over food, so we negotiated extending the bar but limiting the food options.
    4. Photographer - I just want good pictures. We have Geri Ciulla and absolutely love, love, love her.
    5. Dress/hair/makeup.  I want to look amazing and I'm not doing it myself :)
    6. Cake.  We decided that we just wanted to splurge on something delicious and we went with Maribelle.
    7. Things to make it more convenient for out of town guests (shuttle from hotel to ceremony/reception site).
    8. DJ
    9. ceremony music / florist / invitations (no offense to Kristen at Poeme who did an awesome job; it was just a lower priority) / favors

things i'm forgetting - honeymoon (which we splurged on), wedding bands (we went reasonable here), rehearsal dinner stuff & out of town guests dessert reception (we are doing that).  I think that's it!!

honestly, we made a list of our priorities and then kept coming back to it.  Does a string quartet sound better than a string trio?  Absolutely.  Was it one of our priorities?  Nope.  it turned out to be a pretty smart thing to do.

• ungraceful13ungraceful13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me it was:
    Ceremongy venue
    Reception venue/catering (all in one)
    Photographer
    DJ
    Attire
    Hair/Makeup

We arent getting a limo, I hate cake and could have cared less, and as many things have messed up I have learned the only thing that matters is getting to marry my one and only.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_important-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:4a65afe3-d99d-49dc-9ddf-f0e0d75081a3Post:dfa7432c-8652-49d4-b9dd-c316ca34a054">Re: Most important vendors to have</a>:
    [QUOTE]...and as many things have messed up I have learned the only thing that matters is getting to marry my one and only.
    Posted by ungraceful13[/QUOTE]

<div>Hear hear!</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I won't bore everyone with a long list, but I will say, the vendor whose importance I was most SUPRISED with was my DJ - He was the reason the party was a success! Don't cut corners here unless it is someone you really really trust.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_important-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:4a65afe3-d99d-49dc-9ddf-f0e0d75081a3Post:fbdc087b-ec25-42b9-965a-bdda5c8fc72d">Re: Most important vendors to have</a>:
    [QUOTE]...I will say, the vendor whose importance I was most SUPRISED with was my DJ - He was the reason the party was a success! Don't cut corners here unless it is someone you really really trust.
    Posted by megzies7777[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with you.  I know that recently married knottie <span style="color:#4c402a;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;" class="Apple-style-span"><a style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-weight:normal;font-style:inherit;font-size:12px;font-family:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;text-decoration:underline;color:#4c402a;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;" href="http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/default.aspx?membershipid=6254817439277939&plckUserId=6254817439277939" target="_parent" class="username_knot">amanda6033</a> </span>wrote how unhappy she was with her DJ on her <a href="http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/amanda6033/wedding-recap" target="_blank">website</a>.  Read it if you like.  We should learn from it if we can!</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards