California-Central

What are your favorite bands on the Central Coast

I'm planning a garden wedding reception for late May. Anyone have any favorite bands in the area? I live in San Diego so am a bit disconnected from the local music scene. Any suggestions are appreciated!! 

specifics: I'm hoping to find a group that will get people dancing, but isn't the typical wedding band... all up for bluegrass or jazz or reggae or ???

thanks tons!!

Re: What are your favorite bands on the Central Coast

• stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even listen to my wedding band before our wedding. Crazy right? DH and I told my dad that we wanted a band that could play jazz, swing, rock, standards, etc. He immediately said "Oh you're looking for the San Luis Jazz band" without even a stutter. Hearst Castle books them by the way. They were fabulous! The dance floor was full ALL night. I have amazing pictures of people having a great time. 

They have a website and you can hear a tiny snipit of what they sound like. I know they are also excellent at latin music!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • sprchrgdsprchrgd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Backyard Blues Band is pretty good and they are out of the Santa Cruz area
    http://backyardblues.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Cuesta Ridge is awesome!!  They are out of Los Osos which is near Morro Bay. They play all over the central coast.  They play Blue Grass.  Tall bass, fiddle ect.
  • MilleRsBestMilleRsBest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Room 101. 

But they are punk/ska
    someecards.com - What's the difference between peanut butter and jam?
  • edited December 2011
    Narrow Road is a great choice if you haven't already booked a band.  They can play, country, rock, bluegrass, and gospel.  Their harmonies make them stand apart from any other band on the Central Coast.  For bookings call (805)296-5825.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards