New York-New York City

Central Park Boathouse/Reception Sites on Water

Anyone have their reception here? I'd love any feedback anyone can give. I am looking for venues on the water/have a great view of the water. Any other recommendations would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

Re: Central Park Boathouse/Reception Sites on Water

• edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there is two months! Will let you know :)
  • deepka1771deepka1771 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've planned a wedding there with my company, CelebrateFlowers.com

It's a lovely venue. We held the ceremony in the Lake House before the reception, and were planning to have the cocktail hour outside but had to move it into a section of the cafe due to terrible weather. Another drawback is the lack of room for the bridal party before the ceremony. They try to help with decorating a coat closet for you to get your last minute touches. That is definitely one thing to consider. Other than that the incredibly kind and helpful staff definitely made an impression and I would love to work with them again. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Water Club on 34th Street at the FDR Drive. It is right  on the water and there is space to go outside during the reception which was really nice.

Also, the room for the cocktail hour was gorgeous and had outside space as well.

good luck!
  • lcsa99lcsa99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking for the same and unfortunately most places are way over our budget but one I found that wasn't too unreasonable was Chelsea Piers. Beautiful location with a great view.

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Shoes! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to venture to Brooklyn, there is the Boathouse on the pond in Prospect Park.  I'm not sure if that is the actual name for it, but I'm sure you can find it on their website.
    HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Is NJ a possibility?  There's the Liberty House Resturant, the view is gorgeous.

http://www.libertyhouserestaurant.com/
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • esuvakesuvak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had our wedding at the Central Park Boathouse last August and absolutely loved it.  The weather was perfect, I loved having the park right there to take pictures at, and the food and decor were fantastic.  We had both our ceremony and reception there, with the cocktail hour on the patio in between.  The staff were great, and everything went super smoothly.  Yes, as pp mentioned, the "bridal suite" is a little lacking, but with only 3 bridesmaids, it wasn't cramped.  Considering the room was used for so little time, it wasn't really a factor for me. 

Feel free to page me if you have any more questions about it. 

• vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i forget the name of a place that we contacted right in battery park.  i didnt have a chance to see it in person but the photos looked beautiful online. its right on the water.
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The place in Battery Park is most likely Battery Gardens:
    http://www.batterygardens.com/

It has great views and is pretty big.
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on your budget, which would have to be decent-sized, there's the Tobacco Warehouse in DUMBO, right on the river...
  • edited December 2011
    You can also try Bridgewater in NYC.  It is in the South Street Sea Port.  I know there is an opening Saturday, Aug 7th, 2010 and it is reasonably priced b/c I just called there.
  • edited December 2011
    Bridgewater is beautiful.  My sister had her wedding there.  Its magical at night with all of the candles and the bridge in the background.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards