Ohio-Columbus

Minor freak out moment...

I just realized (from reading some posts on my month board) that our wedding is only a little over four months away... I kind of feel like I need to vomit. 

I can't wait to marry him but there is so much left to do!

I think I need to re-evaluate my DIY list and see what can be cut and what I already have the supplies to make and need to work on.

I need to finish our invites! HOLY SHIIT they're getting mailed in like a month and a half or something ridiculous!!

We're finalizing our catering menu next week... I need to buy alcohol for the reception.

I need to start having appointments with vendors about final products and do my dress alterations....

omg... I'm at work right now and I'm not completely kidding about feeling like I might vomit =x

...what did you do at 4 months out? and when did you start freaking?
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Minor freak out moment...

• edited December 2011
    OMG don't freak out breath breath breath!!!!!

It's ok. 

I wish I could tell you about the 4 months out thing but i wanted to tell you it would be ok. Breath....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Repeat after me: it will all be okay, it will all be okay. I know exactly how you feel. But like the pp said, breathe. Once the invites go out, things will become really real for you if that makes sense. And as you see things start to come together, you will relax quite a bit. At least I did and I am a freak about being organized and planning in general everyday life situations.
  • casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand how you feel! I am just under the 6 month mark, and I pretty much have a major freak out moment with each month that goes by. Just breathe, you will be fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_minor-freak-out-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:de0aeb4f-b8c5-4162-b231-5406e4311780Post:e3077520-db43-48c1-ba88-b70504bc6b77">Re: Minor freak out moment...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Repeat after me: it will all be okay, it will all be okay. I know exactly how you feel. But like the pp said, breathe. Once the invites go out, things will become really real for you if that makes sense. And as you see things start to come together, you will relax quite a bit. At least I did and I am a freak about being organized and planning in general everyday life situations.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I think that's why I'm kinda losing it =x I love to be organized and know what's going to happen and everything... and I feel like there are things that I can't do yet or until other things happen and I want to have them done!  I feel like I'm running out of time =x

Thanks everyone for the calming words.... I slept and snuggled with FI and I feel a little better... I'm excited to be done and married and not have any more wedding stress!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    i hear ya!  every morning this week i've woken up in a complete panic over the wedding.  you have your dress, right?  and a venue?  and a husband to be?  and someone to marry you?  that's all ya really need to make it happen ;)  it'll come together in the next few months.  and hey - you already have a list - BONUS!
  • Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did this last week!  Last Friday was my 3 month mark and the whole week leading up to it, I barely slept.  But I kept reminding myself I have a man and a dress, and regret neither, so come what may - I'm going to be one lucky and happy bride on October 1st :)

Of course it's not easy to practice what I preach... I still lost sleep yet again last night :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_minor-freak-out-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:de0aeb4f-b8c5-4162-b231-5406e4311780Post:5482ac87-91a2-468a-a202-446f20f9f9b0">Re: Minor freak out moment...</a>:
    [QUOTE]i hear ya!  every morning this week i've woken up in a complete panic over the wedding.  you have your dress, right?  and a venue?  and a husband to be?  and someone to marry you?  that's all ya really need to make it happen ;)  it'll come together in the next few months.  and hey - you already have a list - BONUS!
    Posted by montyandkellyski[/QUOTE]

<div>yes, alteration appointment next saturday!</div><div>yes, catering tasting/decision-making next friday!</div><div>oh yes =) he's wonderful ::big smiles::</div><div>and yes, an old family friend who is near and dear to us and a pastor! =D</div><div>
    </div><div>I remind myself often that I have what matter... I just stress over money and diy too much lol</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHOA BREATHE!!!

That would be the first thing to do. Also you have a month for the invites, that's enough time. BREATHE.

I'll tell you what I did at the four month mark (just like 3 weeks ago), take the to-do list and break it up into monthly list. And make sure by the end of every month you have that list done. (I do physical months and not months to the wedding. So the month of July. Not June 15- July 15, it is easier that way). Then take that list and break it into things to do weekly, make sure you have enough down time, and if you have a lot of diy, make sure you plan extra time if it doesn't work out.

It sounds like you are on the right path, just soak in the tub for a bit and listen to some music you love which is non- wedding related. Breathe and work on the list, you will be fine :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    don't freak! yes it's good to get it done a head of time BUY you will be o.k. jist breath
    image handsome boy modeling school was the best 60 dollars I ever spent. If it wasn't for handsome boy modeling scholl I would not be the modle I am today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards