African American Weddings

Panyhose

My mother asked me if the BM are wearing stockings.  She said that I need to address the issue because it's either all or none.  She said they may want too because it will be November so it may be a little chilly.  She told me to make sure they get sheer and sandlefoot panyhose since they all have open toe shoes.  I was thinking maybe they wouldn't wear any, but I figured I needed to make up my mind and let them know instead of letting them decide.

Is anyone else BM wearing panyhose? 
**I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**

Re: Panyhose

• are your bm dresses short or long?
    i am getting married in alabama in the spring hose will be a no go 
    i dont want them to pass out even though we are not getting married outside 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All short in MD
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_panyhose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:269546a2-4dad-4703-a7ab-5877f2c3897cPost:f5bd38e7-be71-4820-a51c-14c749e02b13">Re:Panyhose</a>:
    [QUOTE]All short in MD
    Posted by kcc76[/QUOTE]

I agree with your mom
    All in or nothing
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hey luvie, I know you didn't ask for opinions, but unless your ceremony is outside i'd skip pantyhose, they're not so thick as to make a substanial difference in temperature.  

and <<since they all have open toe shoes />>  + stockings = made me die a little bit inside.  it's been 100 years since I put on a pair of pantyhose so if sandlefoot means "leaves the foot bare"  ignore me,  if it doesn't, the only people who wear hose with open toes on purpose are over 70.   
    well. again, you didn't ask for opinions so you could always just ignore me anyway.  Tongue Out
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_panyhose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:269546a2-4dad-4703-a7ab-5877f2c3897cPost:da35e314-b567-4507-8847-2dc8c8ccea97">Re: Panyhose</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey luvie, I know you didn't ask for opinions, but unless your ceremony is outside i'd skip pantyhose, they're not so thick as to make a substanial difference in temperature.   and <<since they all have open toe shoes /> />  + stockings = made me die a little bit inside.  it's been 100 years since I put on a pair of pantyhose so if sandlefoot means "leaves the foot bare"  ignore me,  if it doesn't, <strong>the only people who wear hose with open toes on purpose are over 70</strong>.    well. again, you didn't ask for opinions so you could always just ignore me anyway. 
    Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]

#DEAD.

I vote no stockings.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • There are hose with out toes  (I love saying that, I saw them in the store and went on an immature rampage saying "do you sell hoes with out toes".... dont judge me)
    anyway, I've never tried them but here's a pic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_panyhose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:269546a2-4dad-4703-a7ab-5877f2c3897cPost:08530c0d-bd3f-4823-a6f7-0a9c952099f3">Re: Panyhose</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are hose with out toes  (I love saying that, I saw them in the store and went on an immature rampage saying "<strong>do you sell hoes with out toes</strong>".... dont judge me) anyway, I've never tried them but here's a pic
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

this made me die a little bit more.  LMAO!!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_panyhose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:269546a2-4dad-4703-a7ab-5877f2c3897cPost:08530c0d-bd3f-4823-a6f7-0a9c952099f3">Re: Panyhose</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are hose with out toes  (I love saying that, I saw them in the store and went on an immature rampage saying "do you sell hoes with out toes".... dont judge me) anyway, I've never tried them but here's a pic
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't one's toes have a different appearance/ color than the rest if the leg? js......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • In Response to Re:Panyhose:[QUOTE]hey luvie, I know you didn't ask for opinions, but unless your ceremony is outside i'd skip pantyhose, they're not so thick as to make a substanial difference in temperature.nbsp;nbsp; and lt;lt;since they all have open toe shoes /gt;gt;nbsp; stockings made me die a little bit inside.nbsp; it's been 100 years since I put on a pair of pantyhose so if sandlefoot means "leaves the foot bare"nbsp; ignore me,nbsp; if it doesn't, the only people who wear hose with open toes on purpose are over 70.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; well. again, you didn't ask for opinions so you could always just ignore me anyway.nbsp; Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]

Acually I did want opinons. I don't like wearing panyhoes and I avoid them if need be. That's why I don't wear skirts in the winter because I can't stand them. I just wanted to see what other were having their bm do. Thanks!
  • In Response to Re:Panyhose:[QUOTE]There are hose with out toesnbsp; I love saying that, I saw them in the store and went on an immature rampage saying "do you sell hoes with out toes".... dont judge meanyway, I've never tried them but here's a pic Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

Wow they come up with everything. I didn't know there were such a thing.
  • I would skip the hose. I put pantyhose and slips all in the same categories. The only time I have hose on are for a job interview.....that is it!

What time is your wedding? I'm trying to figure out why they are in short dresses in November in Bmore??? Come on! Unless you have an afternoon wedding....but maybe it won't be THAT cold :)
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • I'm getting married in November BMs are wearing long dresses no pantyhose! Those things are carnal sins!!
  • In Response to Re:Panyhose:[QUOTE]I would skip the hose. I put pantyhose and slips all in the same categories. The only time I have hose on are for a job interview.....that is it! What time is your wedding? I'm trying to figure out why they are in short dresses in November in Bmore??? Come on! Unless you have an afternoon wedding....but maybe it won't be THAT cold : Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

1:00 p.m. we have had some nice days the begining of November some years so I figured it might be ok but we shall see. Lol. According to the weather wiz it will be 60 but that can change 100 times before my wedding day
  • I know that the weather sometimes up here can be "ify" but I know I dont wear hose.. So I am not forcing my girls to wear them.. I guess I would take into consideration of the girls.. I do not see any of mine wearing them, except one that is a flight attendant.. other than that.. they dont.

I know that since my wedding is in Vegas in July... I am not trying to kill my girls by making them wear stockings.. Just them wearing short dresses will be enough.. After that and after they drink.. I can't make any promises of what they may keep on.. But hey what happens in Vegas....u guys know the rest..lol... sorry went on a lil rant..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards