Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Where to put the rings (if no ring bearer or bridal party)

If you and your FI are exchanging rings, and there is no ring bearer or MOH, etc, where do you plan to put the rings?

FI could put my ring in his pocket.  I could tie his ring with ribbon around my bouquet perhaps.  I just haven't thought about it until now.  Then I'd have to hand my bouquet to a guest!  Maybe his mother in the front row?  There will be no alter or structures.

Does the officiant hold them and hand them to us at the ring exchange?

Just looking for ideas!

Re: Where to put the rings (if no ring bearer or bridal party)

• I think you can have officiant hold them, your groom, or parents. I wouldn't recommend you tieing them to your bouquet, too much potential for it get lost.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Is there a Best Man? I would give both rings to the Best Man. If not definitely to the officiant. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_put-rings-ring-bearer-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:7bb15401-8e27-4d16-80a4-84464289e99dPost:4d91339e-1928-4074-8898-9cf244ebdfb1">Re: Where to put the rings (if no ring bearer or bridal party)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a Best Man? I would give both rings to the Best Man. If not definitely to the officiant. 
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I guess I mean to say wedding party - not bridal party, as in no attendants.

Sounds like the officiant it is!  I'll have to ask him.
  • You could always just slip his ring over your thumb, and have him put his in your pocket.   Or he could put both in his pockets.  It's definitely fine for the officiant to hold them for the whole time.
    DSC_9275
  • You could give them to the officiant, or ask your parents to hold them.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd just have the officiant hold them.  Our Best Man initially held them, and when it was time to do rings he handed them over to the officiant anyway.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • We are asking our officiant to hold them.

• I'm glad I found this thread!  I've been thinking about what to do with the rings too.  I'm not sure about asking the officiant to hold them as we don't know him(Vegas wedding).  I like the idea of tying it to my bouquet or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards