Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Cruise Weddings

I am having my ceremony and reception aboard a Carnival Cruise. The ceremony and reception will take place the very first day around noon while still docked in New York. A lot of my family is coming on the cruise and we are all so excited.

Has anyone else had their ceremony and reception aboard a Carnival Cruise Ship? Or any other cruise lines?

If so, do you have any advice? This is a very nontraditional wedding plan.

Thanks!!!!

Re: Cruise Weddings

• Options
    I'm just curious, what are you doing for photos?
    Photobucket
  • Options

Carnival has a photographer that they provide on board. I think there will be some pics taken after the ceremony with the wedding party and family. After the reception there we will probably have them take more pics of just me and David. Some of our family and wedding party can't go on the cruise so we will have to keep that in mind when we get the pictures taken. They will be de-boarding after the reception.

• Options
    My mother got married last year on Carnival in Tampa...   The photographer took pictures of the groom and best man before the ceremony and then me and my mom before she walked down the isle.  it was a quick ceremony.. we then took a group photo after the ceremony and then headed to one of the bars where the reception was. My mom and stepdad stayed behind and took pictures around the ship before heading to the reception.    The one thing my mom said she wishes should would have done though is had a videographer becuase every thing happened so fast she doesn't remember much.

My best advice is to have fun, enjoy your time ...
    here's a link to pics from the wedding:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5187&id=1723346377&l=121d46f66e

Hope this helps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

This was very helpful. We booked the videographer but then we were contemplating cancelling him just to save some money. I was leaning more towards keeping him so this definitely helps with my decision =-)

Your mom's wedding pics are beautiful!! I am definitely even more excited than I was before! Thanks so much so the info!

• Options
    wow, I am so glad to have found your message.  I am planning to do the same thing November 11th, 2011.  I have been struggling with where to start.  Can I ask you how many guest attended your wedding? and approx what was the cost?  Also, how long was your cruise for and where did you sail to and from?  I live in Florida and this is what I planned to do....

Since majority of cruise ships port from FL, I wanted to have my ceremony on dock here in FL, so that my friends that can't join us on the cruise, would atleast me able to attend the ceremony....Then I wanted to have a nice group rate for those who can join us on the cruise to celebrate wedding, while we celebrate our honeymoon.  Any info you can provide will be highly appreciated Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards