Pre-wedding Parties

No budget for Pre-Wedding Dinner

We are having a destination wedding (Las Vegas) and sadly we cannnot afford to pay for everyone's meals at a pre-wedding dinner we would like to have so our families and wedding party can meet and mingle.  .  We are thinking dinner at casual restaurant.

If we have to have everyone pay for their own meal, how do we word it on the invitation.... or do we not even bother having the dinner?  What do I do? Wedding is in 10 days 

Re: No budget for Pre-Wedding Dinner

• islandmonkey8islandmonkey8 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I would either not do it at all or not send invitations and just that night say to everyone "Hey FI & I are heading out to dinner at X restuarant if anyone wants to join' . I'm sure the second is against etiquette. But either way, I wouldn't send out an invite if I wasn't covering the cost.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • are you having a rehersal?  If not, then I would think you'll be OK not supplying a dinner of some sort.  You could always offer an optional dinner (not call it a rehersal dinner) for people to attend if they would like.  A friend of mine didn't do a rehersal for her wedding, but set up a dinner the night before that if we wanted to go to we could, no obligations. We paid for our own meals/drinks and had fun together.  If you are having a rehersal, maybe you have family or friends who could help supply some appetizers or something for a small group setting?  That way its not as costly as say a full meal, but just something to encourage socializing if you want. 

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_no-budget-for-pre-wedding-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:602a48a1-02a3-462c-ae11-c1c4ecef5dbbPost:ebef1b61-ab6e-480a-8d87-3df6347f6d8b">No budget for Pre-Wedding Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having a destination wedding (Las Vegas) and sadly we cannnot afford to pay for everyone's meals at a pre-wedding dinner we would like to have so our families and wedding party can meet and mingle.  .  We are thinking dinner at casual restaurant. If we have to have everyone pay for their own meal, how do we word it on the invitation.... or do we not even bother having the dinner?  What do I do? Wedding is in 10 days 
    Posted by LadyConstance[/QUOTE]
    You're hosting something after the ceremony, though, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards