New York-New York City

Dress shopping

Want to start looking for my dress! But would like to go to some other stores before I head to Kleinfeld. 
Any suggestions on where to go in the New York area? Brooklyn,Long Island, Staten Island, the city?

I've heard good things about Bridal Reflections in Long Island, any one have input?

Thanks so much! ;)

Re: Dress shopping

• Jean6912Jean6912 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try lotus bridal in Brooklyn (avenue u and east 18th street), Doris bridal boutique in Brooklyn on 18th avenue, and RK Bridal in manhattan on west 39th between 8th and 9th. Good luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I loved my experience at Lovely Bride in the W. Village. I also went to RK Bridal during an off-peak time and it wasn't nearly as crazy as I thought it would be.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! Keep em coming! :)
  • ECook25ECook25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Wedding Atelier and can't say enough good things about them.  They were amazing to deal with, and I feel totally comfortable with them.  I also went to Amsale and they were lovely, I just didn't end up getting my dress there.  I got a bridesmaids dress at Bridal Reflections on LI a few years ago and had a good experience with them as well.  BR has a bridal-only salon in NYC, as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I went everywhere looking for a dress - Kleinfeld's, Saks, Bridal Reflections, Amsale, Pronovias, etc.  i actually ended up finding my dress (for 1/3 of my budget) at RK Bridal.  It's kind of tedious because of the process but I highly recommend it.

Also, check out Designer Loft - they have a lot of really cool dresses.

hope it helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and another thing - before you go to Kleinfelds be sure to know what kind and style of dress you want.  It gets overwhelming especially if they're not clear on what you're looking for.  And be prepared for them to try to upsell you!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my gown at The White Gown in Dumbo Brooklyn and i can't express what a wonderful experience I had.  Never felt pressure into purchasing any gowns and they let me try on as many gowns as i requested.  I ended up buying my gown there because of the amazing service and staff that was there.  Alterations was set up with ease and i can't imagine getting my gown anywhere else.

Good luck with shopping!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards