Attire & Accessories Forum

Advice For Veil?!?

So I had a bridal image all ready for myself...Big poofy dress, lots of bling, no veil, etc... It completely changed! I tried on a trumpet style, ruched dress that the consultant suggested and LOVED it. She put a veil with it and i LOVED it even more! My question for y'all is... Is anyone purchasing their veil online? I found the perfect one at the same store that I got my dress but even with my bridal discount, it's $135.  I am finding much cheaper ones online, but I'm hesitant because when I get it at the store, I know what I'm getting and I already know it looks good and matches my dress. It wasn't in my budget to get this veil (we're paying for everything ourselves, but I can pinch pennies and afford it somehow!) Is it worth it to purchase online?? Advice please?  Thanks!! Laughing

Re: Advice For Veil?!?

• If your dress is a deeper shade of Ivory, it might be harder to match.

However, if it is white or slightly off-white, you should have no problem with an online veil in terms of color "matching". The main rule of thumb is just not to buy a pure white veil unless your dress is pure white.

Many ladies use ValuVeil with great success.

I purchased my cathedral length lace trim veil for $40 on Amazon. No one knew that it wasn't from an expensive bridal salon.
  • To heck with the salon and their price gouging. Its just a plastic comb with tulle and some beads. I got my veil from ebay for 15 dollars, and it was beautiful and performed its veil duties flawlessly... You know, sit there on my head and look good.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_advice-for-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:e4c63d21-2d96-4939-a7a0-f8397099d1e4Post:01c14239-87dd-4f7c-b70e-f6b4b579b672">Re:Advice For Veil?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To heck with the salon and their price gouging. Its just a plastic comb with tulle and some beads. I got my veil from ebay for 15 dollars, and it was beautiful and performed its veil duties flawlessly... You know, sit there on my head and look good.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Not only is this true but it totally cracked me up. hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, the bridal shop will totally screw you. I made my hairpiece out of a piece of my dress that the seamstress snipped off and a barette. So whatever the cost of the hot glue is what my hairpiece cost.

• Awesome! Thanks guys! I think my fiance will also be relieved that it's not uncommon to order these online (or make them!). Wink  For us, the less it costs, the better!

• In Response to Re:Advice For Veil?!?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Advice For Veil?!?:To heck with the salon and their price gouging. Its just a plastic comb with tulle and some beads. I got my veil from ebay for 15 dollars, and it was beautiful and performed its veil duties flawlessly... You know, sit there on my head and look good.Posted by PeledreamsofrainNot only is this true but it totally cracked me up. hahaha Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]

Ditto! Would you share your ebay seller?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Glad I could give people a smile today! I just checked, and the seller was venus_veils. It was a good deal, and they were very responsive to communication. My only word of advice is to pay attention to the country of origin. It can increase shipping time. I am super type A, so I ordered so far in advance that I could have gotten the veil from Mars and it would have been on time.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards