September 2011 Weddings

Music to my ears....

Good Morning ladies!  What are your top must play songs at the wedding?? Mine are Shout, my best friend by Tim Mcgraw, Your still the One by Shania Twain and the booty call! =) 

Also any songs you absolutely do not want played at the wedding?  So far I def do not want the chicken dance! lol.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Music to my ears....

• i definitely want that Grease medley with alittle bit of each song in it...i also want "party in the usa" by miley cyrus...maybe toward the end. i'm a closet miley fan haha. other than that i'm not really sure.

as far as not wanting anything, i agree on the chicken dance! and YMCA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • good call on YMCA, def don't want that played either! =) and I also like Miley Cirus! Party in the USA will def get ppl on the floor! 
  • I definitely want Taylor Swift "Love Story" and Ke$ha "Your Love is My Drug" - but only because recently FI confessed that he thinks he really like Ke$ha haha!
  • suze68suze68
    100 Comments
    Your Still The One is the song we are going to play for the anniversary dance (we are doing that instead of a garter & bouquet toss). Other than the traditional dances (first, F/D, M/S, last song) I want a variety... a few things for grandparents in the early part, and then throw some R&B, hip hop, dance music in for the rest of the night.... On my "oh heck no" list is I like big butts (cuz that isnt funny!), anything vulgar, and the ever dreaded Chicken Dance (I dont care what my "comedian" fiance says!)

~Suze
    image Sept 2011 Favorite Registry Item
  • well there are two that have to be played thanks to our drunken monkey weekend traditions - shake your tail feather (can't remember who sings that), and money honey *by state of shock*, at last or ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Do NOT play
    thong song
    ymca
    chicken dance
    barbie girl
    image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Suze we are doing the same thing with the Shania song!  My FI grandparents have been married for over 50 years so they are def going to win! LOL.  
  • So completely agree with Jelenny on the do not play! but i would add to the do not play list  Its raining men! my dad so no way in hell is that song being played and i agree!! or the last dance where its slow then fast cant stand that one either.
    But im deff doing: Wannabe by spice gilrs, bye bye bye NSync and a mix of country and dance songs i just love the spice girls and NSync cause thats what i grew up with! haha and it will be funny seeing everyone dance to it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I dont have anything that I must have yet, But im definatly not useing the traditional cut the cake song.... It drives me up the wall! Also I grew up dancing so my list of do not play songs from old memorys of dances in sequin costumes dont come flooding back on my wedding day!
  • We've started the DO NOT PLAY list :) :

YMCA
    Electric Slide
    Hokey Pokey
    Cha Cha Slide
    Chicken Dance
  • My do not play list

THRILLER. I just cant stand when everybody gets up to do the dance together. 
    YMCA.
  • edited August 2010
    DO NOT PLAY:
    all of LIB's call outs, plus:
    -90's high school dance/sweet 16 esque music (ie: i like to move it move it, Let me Clear my throat, etc etc)
    -anything country
    -Jump Around by House of Pain
    -Baby Got Back

MUST plays are anything by:
    -MJ
    -Dr. Dog
    -Stevie Wonder
    -Neil Young
    -Steely Dan
    -The Black Crowes
    Random songs:
    -Freakum Dress by Beyonce (my girlfriends will go NUTS!)
    -songs that reference San Francisco
    -oh...and Just Dance by Lady Gaga!
  • Oh Just Dance is a good one! and I am feeling bye bye bye by nsync too, regardless I am really excited to start working with my DJ.  I think Im gonna throw in some Salt & Pepper shoop and some other oldies but goddies. 
  • Don't Play List So Far:
    Chicken Dance
    YMCA
    Every Breath You Take- The Police
    My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion
    Anything by Nickleback or Hoobastank or Creed
    Lips of An Angel
    Anything Country
    Electric Slide
    Cha Cha Slide

Must Plays:
    Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice
    Any Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, LFO, or Spice Girls
    Jessie's Girl- Rick Springfield
    Jump Jive and Wail- Brian Setzer Orchestra
    My Humps- Black Eyed Peas
    Don't Stop Believing- Journey (not Glee ;-) )
    Please Don't Stop the Music- Rihanna
    Give Love a Bad Name- Bon Jovi
    Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol
    Billie Jean- Michael Jackson
    Toxic- Britney Spears
    Old Time Rock and Roll- Bob Seger
    Footloose- Kenny Loggins
    Maniac- From Flashdance
    Just Dance- Lady Gaga
    Love Shack- B52s
    Lady Marmalade- Moulin Rouge
    Truly, Madly, Deeply- Savage Garden