• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Who's here?

It's late Sunday morning and this board is soooo dead!

Jeff is out of town so I made myself a list of chores to keep myself occupied/distracted, but of course I'm watching Top Chef Just Desserts and trolling for online entertainment.

I have 8 loads of laudry to put away (already folded), and I want to make a big pot of soup to freeze down for lunches.  Yesterday I cleaned out all of the wedding stuff, so that was cool.

What are you doing today?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Who's here?

• Ok the answer is NO ONE is here.  No one to tell me if I should buy these boots:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55149&vid=1&pid=798700&scid=798700002
  • I'm hear for a split second...I'm doing the same thing cooking, cleaning and organizing our wedding stuff.  Oh and getting rid of tons of wedding books, magazines and all that other annoying crap I received over the last year. 

@LauraT25 those boots are really cute....I really like the camel color ones!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • In Response to Re: Who's here?:
    [QUOTE]I'm hear for a split second...I'm doing the same thing cooking, cleaning and organizing our wedding stuff.  Oh and getting rid of tons of wedding books, magazines and all that other annoying crap I received over the last year.  @LauraT25 those boots are really cute....I really like the camel color ones!!!
    Posted by PB-Bride2010[/QUOTE]

I have been slowly getting rid of all that wedding crap - technically some of it is still here since I haven't taken out the recycling, but basically all I have left is a few magazines and books and I'm going to see if my co-worker wants them.  That is a GOOD feeling.  I can't beleive all the junk that I accumulated during the planning process!

Also, I was thinking the camel ones.  I have a lot of boots, but no camel-colored ones, and I seriously love flat(ish) boots for work.
  • Like the camel ones.

Im here! I keep forgetting to come back here because nobody posts anymore! Eck!

Ellie and I are just hanign out. Toby took her carseat with him to work so we are stuck home! He should be getting home pretty soon on lunch tho so we should be ok.
  • I don't come here much anymore, but I'm bored out of my mind.  We only have one car, and Jeff took it.  I'm realllllly leaning toward getting these boots.
  • LTB - send me some s'mores brownies please!!!

I think pink is great as an accent color; I trust you to pull back if it gets to be too much.  I don't even have so much as a cubicle, but I really should get around to personalizing it.

Today was super productive: I decided to clean out our closets and swap the warm-weather clothes for cold-weather clothes.  I have three garbage bags of clothes and shoes for Goodwill, 2 of recycling, and 2 of trash.  I didn't think our closets were that big....

But now there's room in the storage closet for the wedding presents I couldn't put away, and there's room in the clothing closet for Jeff to actually put his clothes away.  And my shoes are organized!  Since I got so much done, I bought the boots as a reward :)
  • I suck, I don't decorate.  I did find some fake spider webs and a headband with some cute witches on it, which I will probably wear to our holiday party, so I pulled those out of the closet.  I did, however, get my cat's Halloween costume out.

You can send me the s'mores brownies next week, I'll wait!

I have to make three different batches of black bottom cupcakes this month..so I should probably hold off on the sweets.  I probably won't really eat the sugar free ones for next week, so I'm safe there :)
  • I don't decorate either. Im horrible! We do pumpkins for halloween and a tree for christmas. We do have to dress up this year for Toby's work.
  • We usually do pumpkins, although the last two years we've been so busy.  Plus no one comes trick-or-treating here (which makes me sad).  Maybe we will get some this year!  We don't do a tree for Christmas because we're never home, and we get crap about it every.single.year.  Maybe this year, when someone in Jeff's family says something about the tree, I'll say "Okay, next year we'll have one.  And stay home so we can enjoy it."
  • edited October 2010
    I made black bottoms a while back for a thing with friends, and both H and I brought the leftovers to work.  Therefore, they were requested for both of our holiday parties, as well as the Halloween party being hosted by some of those friends.  That's the last time I do something nice.  I know I could have said no, but I didn't mind for my work party (I can't go unless I bring something, either) and then it seemed like NBD for the friends' party.  Then for H's work party, I would have felt like a biitch saying no.  And I have to make those freaking sugar free cupcakes...I swear, I need to shake this reputation I have as a baker.  And a nice person.

Edit: We get the Halloween costumes for our cat in the dog section at Target. They're like $10!
  • Our cat HATES the costumes.  It's part of the fun.

Also, since we are sort of on the subject of cupcakes, is there any way to make them ahead of time?  Like, can I make the batter and refrigerate/freeze it and then bake it later, do you think?  It's just that I don't generally think they taste that great after a couple of days, and all three events are spaced so that I would have to bake them three separate times, so it would be nice if I could at least make one giant batch of batter or something.
  • I'm here, and I need to get off my a$$ and sell my wedding stuff!  It's all over the bed of our second bedroom!

I thought I was completely finished my TY notes, but then I got two more gifts today, which was really nice, so I'll write those two notes tonight.
  • There are a few things I should try and sell, too, Jody.  Eventually!
  • We threw away some stuff and I felt really wasteful and guilty, but it wasn't even worth selling.
  • Yeah we had 10 picture frames for our table numbers that were $0.99 each from IKEA, so I just chucked them.  I currently have leftover candy from our favors sitting in our bird cage, but once that's gone I will probably just stick that in the trash too.
  • I am here!  My computer has a CRAZY virus I think.  Trying to deal.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh no, I hope it's not a virus!  GL!
  • Thanks :)  I just paid MacAfee $50 something bucks but no dice . . .p0rn keeps downloading and leaves a shortcu on my desktop UGH!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh no!  In college there was a p0rn virus going around my campus.  H was one of the people that got it, and it was so embarassing.  It didn't download a shortcut, I think it was just pop ups, but it sent itself to the people in your inbox or something, and everyone that got it had to take their comuter to IT to get it wiped.
  • I am ready to throw it out the FN window!  I am wedding poor now so I can"t spend too much right now but you know technology . . .can"t live with it. CAN'T live without it! :LOL
  • Is it wrong that I don't want to toss my wedding binder?
  • I kept some planning stuff and put it away with all the other wedding mementos.  I think that's ok!
  • OMG I must suck!  I threw mine out . . .oops!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards