Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

HELP WITH PHOTOGRAPHER!!

I really need suggestions on a phenomenal photographer for our wedding at talamore in may. I really wanted hoffer but they are booked :(. I looked at 217 and was really impressed by the website but when I saw all the proofs from a family member who used him, I didn't really see anything too breathtaking. I also talked to someone from m2 who is also booked. And I'm still waiting to hear back from creative images. Any input ladies? A great photographer is going to be my one splurge so I really want someone who will capture all the beauty there is at talamore and will have pictures with a sense of creativity and innovation. I'm so sick of the standard "bridal party jumping" or "hey everyone watch the bride and groom kiss." Please ladies...i need your help!! 

Re: HELP WITH PHOTOGRAPHER!!

• lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I loved my photographer, LoRusso Studios.  They do great work and at the initial consult stressed that they feel it's important to show potential clients proofs from a whole wedding day, not just a few awesome shots they happened to take over the years.  And before I booked, I did look through all 3000 pictures from a friend of mine's wedding shot by LoRusso, and they were all really good.

Here's a link to their blog post on my wedding: http://lorussostudios.com/loews-hotel-philadelphia-wedding/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you trymy photographer, Jen Childress?  She is amazing!  
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Sorry you couldn't get Hoffer, he's seriously the best, IMHO. I may or may not have planned my date partially around him.

ETA - Jenn Childress is pretty awesome too, albeit a little pricy. But if you were able to swing Hoffer, you sould definitely check her out. I also really like Mike Landis.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm loving my photographer, Colleen from Full Circle Photography. I haven't had my wedding yet but we did our e-pics this past fall and they came out so awesome. I had a chance to look at lots of her work when we met for our first consult and I was so impressed. Her style adapts to whatever the couple is looking for (posed or natural or more journalistic.) It also helps that Colleen is super nice and helped my fiance really relax for our e-pics which he needed because he HATES to be photographed.

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • I'm using m2, that's a shame they're already booked :-/ Have you looked into Sharyn Frenkel at all?
    Anniversary
  • my cousin used Jordan Brian photography and he did an excellent job.
    kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_help-with-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:f8eed8e1-8b03-4eca-b213-c46795f38307Post:8d2823d6-e6eb-4be5-8c09-664b3b931e11">Re: HELP WITH PHOTOGRAPHER!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you trymy photographer, Jen Childress?  She is amazing!  
    Posted by tashabear08[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks so much for your suggestion. I actually looked her up and fell in love! We have a meeting scheduled for this weekend :)  Would you happen to have any proofs you would be willing to share to help me in making my decision. I really want a see a whole days worth of her work, not just her best ones online. </div>
  • Joy Moody is amazing! She was our splurge and we just did our engagement photos which turned out beautiful despite the 100% humidity and 98 degree heat. She's very sweet too,
  • You should check out Jessica Kripp Photography! I went to school with her and she is an amazing photographer! She is doing my engagement pics in September and hopefully my wedding if I can ever afford to book a venue, haha :)

http://www.jessicakripp.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try Sara and Steve Langdon Photography. They do beautiful work and are very very nice!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards