February 2013 Weddings

I feel like I should be doing more....

Ok so my Wedding Day is February 16, 2013. I haven't been stressed or anything with the planning thus far, but everytime I see a calendar and how many days till I get married I go into panic mode for a little while. I feel like I'm "too" relax and not doing enough and that all the planning will slap me in the fast in the next couple of months.

We are going a DYI wedding for the most part. Family is covering food, wedding ceremony is at our home church, reception is in a family members back yard, one of our youth is playing the harp for the ceremony, we are doing itunes for the reception, the cake has been ordered, the bridesmaids have ordered their dresses, they guys are getting suits in the next couple of weeks, we are making all decorations....

I feel like I should be crazy busy and stressed and I'm not....am I missing a ton of things that I don't know about????????

Re: I feel like I should be doing more....

• mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Seems like you're stressing out about not being stressed out! ;)

In all seriousness though, it comes and goes in waves. Right now I'm calm as a cucumber and feel like we have plenty of time left, other days I get a schmidge more panic striken haha. If you feel like you're missing anything, its best to check the knot's checklist (http://planning.theknot.com/wedding-checklist/due-date) if you haven't already. Their guidelines are super helpful and can help remind you of anything you wanted to do but hadnt written down. Wedding planning is a daunting experience but honestly, it hasn't been *that* crazy stressful for me. So don't worry! No matter what you happen to forget if anything, your day will still be beautiful :)

P.S.--Welcome to the board! If you stick around, don't be afraid to ask questions if you ever need help. And yay for being date twins!
  • I think that people have these crazy expectations of how frazzled women should get about wedding details, but there isn't really a need for so much drama. You seem to have your bases covered. Be glad that you're able to remain calm when faced with planning TheBiggestDayOfYourLifeOMG. I've watched a friend comb the city in search of the perfect toasting flutes, which somehow became the most important part of the whole reception. I think if I asked her now, she'd laugh and admit that it wasn't worth the fuss. So, anyway, as long as you don't forget to bring the groom, you should be fine. :
  • I dont I have really been stressed on anything. Everything has been coming along great. I am a tid bit organized, so I'm constantly making to do list. I love wedding planning, and I'm glad that it's not a crazy experience like people make it seem!
  • I understand the feeling. You just have to reassure yourself that you are good. A friend of mine told me that she was stressed the entire time she was planning her wedding, so it made me really nervous. When I started planning I didn't understand why I wasn't stressed. Then I remembered that my friend is horrible about making decisions, where as I'm not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not to freak you out, but are you having table linens, centerpieces, what about the plates and flatware?

Your bouquet, your bm's flowers, bout's for the guys?  That's all that came to mind for now, lol!  It's good that you are calm though, I am calm as well and I like it :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards