Military Brides

Air Force bride needing help with color theme

My fiancé is in the AF and plans to wear his dress blues during the ceremony, i was wondering what color theme other brides in this situation chose? I cant decide if choosing a shade of blue would be to matchy or if choosing red would be over kill on red/white/blue. We are getting married outside next summer. Thank you for your input! 
Laughing
Sara

Re: Air Force bride needing help with color theme

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most girls will say that a uniform will go with anything.  Really, it's not meant to match things, and no one will ever look at your pictures and go, "Oh man, that pink just doesn't go with that blue!"  And black tuxes are still totally appropriate for other groomsmen, if you wanted to do that.

Choose whatever you want, and don't stress about matching the uniform.  I think red/white/blue would be great if you want to do that, and there are lots of examples on "real weddings" on TK that have pictures of red/white/blue weddings that are really elegant.  You also could do just red and white, and let the blue work for itself in the uniform.  Really, whatever you want!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011

My FI is also wearing his AF Mess Dress. I originally wanted it to be all matchy matchy but realized what calindi says. He and I are both meant to stand out.
    I ended up picking this color scheme :

We couldn't find a Tux place in our area and budget that offered Navy Blue Tuxes. Also, we haven't been able to find a Purple that matches so we are pretty sure that as of right now we are going with Black Tuxes and Silver Vest and Tie and Purple Cala Lily 

More info in my Bio (link in siggy)

HTH

• marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is wearing his mess dress.  HIs best man is wearing a black tux.  My MOH is wearing brown.  Anything goes with the uniform, IMO.  Use whatever colors you like!
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • bnfitz07bnfitz07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Any color you'd like...if you still want to match, but not be too "matchy" try using a few different shades of blue. (Your girls can wear just slight variations of the same color light colored dresses with blue sashes. Maybe MOH can weara red sash if you wanted the RWB theme)

It is very possible to make any theme understated and not have it in your face. If you like the RWB theme, go for it! It's your day!!! Just google images of RWB weddings and check through TK real weddings as mentioned, there are tons of great ideas out there for beautiful theme weddings.
  • SamB87SamB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose a wine color for ours. I didn't want red or blue since the blues are hard to match. The tux store still suggested the groomsmen wear black. My accent color is silver. My FI is wearing his blues too. It seems to match pretty well. Any color I'm sure will do!
  • awise1awise1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is wearing his mess dress too. We picked a very deep red (almost wine) for the BMs. It looks stunning paired with the blue. The girls will be holding antique hydrangeas and roses to bring in some green as well. The deep red and green should help it from being a tacky red, white, and blue.
    The one groomsman that is not military will be wearing a black tux with a black tie. (He is the only one in the bridal party that is not in the Air Force, including bride & BMs!!)
  • edited December 2011
    We decided on the Airforce blue and a summer green. we are doing a june wedding. any guy who isn't in uniform will be in a tux with green tie and vest and the bridesmaids are goin to all be in floor length green dresses. Really anything goes. Smile
    Brittany and Matthew December 28 USAF- Proud Fianc? Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • apham126apham126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was hoping that my wedding theme will be red and white but my fiance is wearing his blues so I was like "Oh no, will it be tongue-in-cheek too patriotic?" lol but i think whatever colors you choose will be great as long as it isn't orange i think because those two clash.
  • becky1106becky1106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is as well, I decided on light pink with the AIrforce blue!!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance is wearing his blues also. My girls are wearing a blue that matches that and our flowers will be apple green and we'll have some touches of brown maybe in the reception..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards