Louisiana-New Orleans

Photographer question.

I have a question for the married ladies.

My wedding planner wants me to sign a contract with a photographer who will give me 400 images on disc. This doesn't seem like enough. How many did you get, and who was your photographer?

Re: Photographer question.

• rachealmezzicrachealmezzic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am using Sam Gregory. I copied and pasted my package below. It looks like i am getting 400 as well. but it says "or more". maybe 400 is the normal amount of pics they take. I will check with him and get back to you.

Wedding Day Coverage:
    - 8 continuous hours photojournalistic coverage
    - 400 (or more) images individually processed and color corrected
    - All 400 (or more) full resolution print ready images on a disc with a print release
    - All 400 (or more) images hosted in online gallery to share with family and friends
    - A 4x6 premium luster print of all 400 (or more) images
    mezz
  • TanrinJTanrinJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Rachel. I don't think that's normal. My cousin used Studio Tran and got 1,200 images on disc. I wanted to use them but they are booked. Anyone else?
  • rachealmezzicrachealmezzic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No prob. WOW! that is a lot of pics! ha ha! i dont think i need that many but i definately understand why a bride would want more pics. I heard that Mathew Foster is really good as well and he gives 600 images. Maybe Studio Tran is outside the norm and gives you ton of pics which is great!  I am sure more people will post comments with other options for you. Sorry i couldnt help more.I posted the response from Sam below.

I shoot a lot over the course of the day and then narrow it down to about 400 or more images…. meaning...

The package includes a MINIMUM of 400 processed images (and prints).  If more than 400 are need to tell the story of the day, then I definitely don't just cut them off at a certain number.

When I narrow down the photos to my final choices, I do not edit for content, meaning that I never decide,  "would Racheal rather see a photo of Person A or Person B?"  If I have photos of both people, then I will include them both

mezz
  • TanrinJTanrinJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand thank you again. I'd like a lot of photos. I'm not having video and we have a lot of out of town guests. 400 photos for over $2,000 just seems off to me.
  • TurWalkTurWalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Sandra O'Claire (www.eauphoto.com) and her package includes unlimited photos on disc (over 1,000)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Studio Tran and received my disk last week with 800 pics.
  • Zhenya986Zhenya986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used matt foster and got about 650 images. I know a lot of brides who get 2,000+ images and they are entirely overwhelmed. I think anywhere from 600-1000 is a good number depending on cost.
  • meredithcheekmeredithcheek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    some photographers spend more time editing photos than others.  i'd probably rather 400 amazing photos than 1200 average shots.  i don't think 400 means they are only taking 400 photos.  probably just need to ask more questions and understand why the 400 seems low.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Kristin Guin and she released ALL photos that she took during my wedding day. I had just under 1200 shots from the entire day. I feel that if you are paying thousands of dollars for a photgrahper, you should be able to have a copy of every picture he or she takes during your special day. Just my opinion. GL.
  • pwinkel 82pwinkel 82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Images By Robert T. and he released ALL photos that he took. I had just under 1100 shots from the entire day. He also prints all the photographs and gives you a 4x6 of each. Which we loved haveing the real prints as well as the copyright to all our images.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Stephanie LeBlanc, and I'm pretty sure she gives all the pics she takes, and her cheapest package is only $1000
    Here's her website: http://www.stephanieleblancphotography.com/

• TanrinJTanrinJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you but I don't like her work. I'm not looking a low budget photographer or someone just starting out. I'm just looking for an experienced photographer who will adequately cover our event with high quality photos. Ideally, I want 800-1,000 photos and 8 hours coverage. It seems the higher the price the less photos the photographers give. It isn't making any sense to me. I don't need every photo taken. I just want to see our out of town guests in our photos. I will check out Kristen Guin and Eauphoto this week. Thank you girls, and if there are any other suggestions please post.
  • edited December 2011
    I used image1 photography, got way more than 400 pictures, I think it was more than 700 on the disk, received it soon after the wedding.  All great shots.  He is willing to work with you.  http://www.photoreflect.com. Your guests can even view your pics online for thirty days.   Different packages available. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards