Ohio-Cleveland

Reception venue

Hey everyone!  I'm trying to find a venue for our reception next fall and I'm not having any luck with what I'm looking for.  Basically, I don't need something elaborate and my fiance is um..."frugal". LOL!!!  Most of the halls on here seem pricey and you have to use their caterers.  Does anyone know of just a plain hall that we can decorate ourselves and bring in our own caterer/alcohol in Northeast Ohio?  Back home, we used to rent out fire halls (sounds redneck-ish, but it can actually be pretty nice) lol!  Thanks girls!!
Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception venue

• pamela626pamela626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a VFW or church hall?  You may just have to start calling around to places to find out who will work within your parameters in your desired location.  Good Luck!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests do you have in mind? That will be a big factor. What's your per person budget? I can think of a few places for that are around $20-ish/pp (not including alcohol), but they are closer to Brunswick/Medina. Also, consider a BYOB hall even if you have to use the hall's caterer. Sometimes, you really do get a lot of bang for your buck. The Belarusan American Community Center in Strongsville is one of those halls. It's $32/pp or so, but you can BYOB which saves a ton, especially if you only serve beer and wine, skipping liquor altogether. The Belarusan holds up to 300 guests. We had our reception there and it was quite nice.

Ruby's Hall in Grafton (max. around 220 guests) is a bit out of the way for most people (west and south of Cleve by a bit), but they allow you to bring in your own caterer & alcohol. Also check out the VFW halls, Knights of Columbus halls, etc in your area. The Don Umerley Civic Center in Rocky River, Gemini Center in Fairview Park, Lake Erie Nature & Science Center in Bay Village,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kathrynbrnskathrynbrns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sheffield Lake has a hall and outdoor space on the lake for cheap. Hall is ok - but you can get married outside and makes for great photos....
  • kendersonkenderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies!  Much appreciated! :)
    Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heather10910Heather10910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ruby's in Grafton you can bring in your own caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards