Plus-Sized

Thoughts and Prayers Please...

In short, My Aunt (My mom's eldest sister) passed away last night at 74 years old.  It was kinda sudden.... She has been living in a nursing home facility for the past 10 years, and we were notified 2 weeks ago that she had pneumonia.... they were treating her with antibiotics, and giving her oxygen.... Last Sunday she was rushed to the hospital where she had been for the past week.... When they did X-rays to check the pneumonia, they found out that she had Lymphoma throughout her entire body.... and she slowly got weaker and weaker.....

My mom is taking it pretty hard... she is the only one of 4 sisters that still lives here in Ohio.... the other 2 have moved away to other states.... and my mom was the one who took care of her sister....

Anyway, as you can imagine, our family is TIRED and EMOTIONALLY DRAINED!!!! We can use all the prayers we can get at this time...

Needless to say, I will not be on here much these next few days.... but my family really needs me now....

Thank you all...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thoughts and Prayers Please...

• I just wanted to say thank you to all of you.... It means alot to know that even though we dont really know each other, you were all thinking of me and my family.... I knew there are still good people in this world... LOL   Thank you for all your prayers, and words of encouragement... we are all doing "OK"....

I am very sad that she wasnt able to be a part of my BIG DAY, but I figured out a way to honor her....

My aunt was ALWAYS working a jigsaw puzzle.... almost every memory I have from when I was little, that includes her is helping her with those dang things....

SO....

I have decided to make my guestbook a puzzle....  I am going to paint the pieces white on 1 side and dark on the other.... and my guests will sign the pieces.... After our big day, my FI and I can put the puzzle together while reading the names and wishes that are written on them, then once it is together, we will frame it and hang it in our home..... This way it will remind me of my aunt everytime I look at it, simply because it is a jigsaw puzzle, and it will seem like she played a part in my Wedding day..... and still be unique, and meaningful with our guests names on it as well.....

I am SO EXCITED!!!  I will miss her so much!! :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards