Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

a major hem to a bridesmaid dress

I want a short dress for my bridesmaids but I want it in cobalt blue which is really hard to find. I really like the top of this one. Its long and I'm wondedring if there is anyway to figure out if it will look good slighly above the knee without purchasing it and actually cutting it off?

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6550/

Re: a major hem to a bridesmaid dress

• Options
    The color named cobalt may be difficult to find, but that's because every designer names their colors differently.  Alfred Angelo carries a cobalt, and David's has horizon and riviera, which are close.

I'd be hesitant about chopping off that much length on a dress.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I agree with Aerin--there are probably plenty of other dresses in the color you want that wouldn't need to be chopped off.

I do not think this dress would look awkward shortened, but holy alterations bill! Are you going to help your ladies out with the alterations costs? It could become expensive.
  • Options
    ditto opalsky
  • Options
    One of my BMs chose a long dress and had it shortened, but she would have needed several inches cut off even if she kept it floor length.

I think it would work, but have you looked at Alfred Angelo?  They have a lot of knee length dresses in cobalt.
  • Options

I think I'll keep up the search.

• Options
    ah! good to know. my mom is a very good at sewing. i guess we could keep looking and also take a peek at some patterns.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards