Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Gift ideas for parents

My parents have been more than generous about paying for most of the wedding.

What ideas do you have as a present to the parents?

Re: Gift ideas for parents

• Options
    Maybe a gift certificate to a really nice restaurant, or a night away at a fairly local resort that includes dinner and breakfast?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got my parents a glass etched frame with a personalized thank you note on it (i was able to write whatever i wanted). it's about the size of a piece of paper, and 1/2 is the etch, other half is for a photo. It's from personalizationmall.com (love that site!)

since the parents of the groom are helping us out, FI got them a little something, too. He picked out a wall hanging with a claddagh on it (our theme) and our names, and wedding date.

And I chose to get each parent a personalized embriodered hanky (etsy.com).
    my dad's says, "Dad, Today I'm a bride, Tomorrow a wife, Forever your little girl."
    Love, (name)
    (wedding date)
    *looking back, i should have said forever your little (dad's nickname for me)

Mom's says, "Mom, to dry your tears as you have always dried mine."

and his parents will say (i got 1 per parent)
    "Thank you for raising your son to be the man of my dreams"

I chose my wedding colors on the hankies. I plan to give them out at the rehearsal dinner when we give gifts to the attendants, etc.

Parent gifts are tough, bc you want to convey your thanks, but sometimes that frame or whatever isnt enough.

I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards