Florida-North Florida

Panhandle Water View Reception Site...Help??

Does anyone have any ideas for a reception site with a view of the water? I am interested in any place with an indoor/outdoor patio space or tent space in the north florida area. All of my guests would be travelling, so I would like to make it a vacation for them as well. I am trying to find somewhere that is reasonably priced and would accommodate between 100-150 guests. Our total wedding budget is $15000. Every where I have found during internet searches is just too pricey. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Panhandle Water View Reception Site...Help??

• edited December 2011
    Where exactly on the Panhandle are you looking? I know an amazing venue in Pensacola that is very reasonable. PM me.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the White Room in St. Augustine.  They have a "loft" which is indoor and leads to a rooftop that overlooks the water.  So our ceremony will be on the rooftop, dinner inside, and the back outside for dancing.  We also wanted to make a vacation for our guests and this seems like such a great place to spend a weekend.  They are a little pricey depending on the time of year, but we are doing a Friday so we have a big discount.  What's nice is that the place is pretty on it's own, so I don;t feel like I will have to spend a ton on decorations and lighting.

• SamIam01SamIam01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of the panhandle are you planning?  There are MANY places in Pensacola, FL.  It that where you are looking?
  • holthcmholthcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Samlam01,

We actually booked our reception site in Pensacola at Palafox Wharf. We are getting married at Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church in Pensacola Beach. We are using Apple Market Catering and Richey's East for Bartending. This is as far as we have gotten. Do you have any recommendations for other venders that are reasonably priced in Pensacola? We need a florist, cake, DJ, photographer, and linen rental company. Also,we get a wedding coordinator for the ceremony, but don't have anyone to decorate or manage the reception...Any ideas for this would be awesome!!

Thanks,
    Colleen
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Colleen!!

I think I just responded to another post of yours :)  Those places are awesome and so pretty.  I just hired a wedding planner, shes great.  She also has a list of vendors on her website, and will stay and manage the reception!!   Ill put a link to her website!  :)  We have made appts with a florist, cake, and I already booked my photographer, http://www.documentedphotography.com (Hara Cook).  I hope this helps!!  :)

Planner :
    Sara Gillianne
    http://www.gillianneweddings.com

~Samantha
  • holthcmholthcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Samantha,

Thanks so much!! This is so helpful. I just responded to your other post, but you already answered my question on this post. Who are you using for your florist, DJ and cake designer? Our reception site manager was so nice to give us a list of preferred venders, but I would like to shop around some before making a decision. I am looking for the best quality with a reasonable price tag : ) Are you from Pensacola? 

Thanks again for all your help!!

Colleen 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am from Pensacola!! My florist I am going to use is Fiore.  The cake designer will either be The Cake Shop or Betty Weber.  The DJ, Im not sure yet, we are still not sure if we are going that route or get a live band.  My planner has made the appts with all.  I should have all my vendors by the end of the month.  I am so excited!!  :)  Where are you guys from?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a photographer yet? 
  • edited December 2011
    hi there! im a wedding planner in Destin/Pensacola area and would love to help you out! Contact me at Kristi@KisstheBrideDestin.com i can help you with everything from a simple beach wedding to full planning and every detail. I work with every bride and budget :)  Look forward to hearing from you!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

I got married in P'cola & would be happy to help too. We got married at a Beach house on Pensacola beach but parents friends owned it. With parking issues & having to shuttle people it would not be a good option for such a big group. We only had about 65 people so we made choices based on that. Seems like everyone I know has been married in the last 3 years. There are few weekends we don't have a wedding to go to. lol 

Our vendors were all excellent, our favorite being our DJ company they are an amazingly dedicated helpful sweet & talented husband & wife team. We saw them at another wedding & hired them before anything else because we HAD to have them.

We ordered flowers online but Fiore's is awesome! 

Cake - The Cake Shop best tasting every time.   Betty Weber's look good but 2 weddings we were at had minor issues, The cake tiers were square instead of round at my bosses wedding. (For me not the end of the world but the she was not happy, she had a polkadot theme going) At another some of the chocolate seashells kept falling off. It was a hot humid day but the cake was in an air-conditioned room. The Mother of the bride rotated the cake so the shells that stayed in place were facing out. 

Caterer:  Apple market, great for a smaller wedding like ours but for a wedding like yours I would highly recommend Classic City. www.classiccitycatering.com/ They are the best in town! The most consistently great & well staffed. (Been to other caterers where the food is great but they don't have enough staff to keep the buffet line filled & moving. At one wedding it took 2 hours to get everyone thru the buffet line! So we ended up dancing to like 3 songs & reception was over.) 

I wished I had hired a planner & probably could have avoided a lot of hassles having a beach house wedding, but we were trying to save for our house but I think it cost us more in the long run. So many stupid rules from the beach authority. 

My brother is a pro photog out of Atlanta so we didn't hire a pro (his gift to us) photog but my favs are 
    Tony Thagard   http://tonythagard.com/

Colleen, one thing I found out while looking at venues & talking to vendors some of the venue preferred vendor lists are paid for by the vendors. So any vendors that pays a fee gets put on the list. I would ask before taking that as the reason to hire someone. 

HTH's have fun, I am going thru planning withdrawals.

• holthcmholthcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the advise!! This is very helpful. My fiance and I both live in Atlanta, so we are not very familiar with the Pensacola area. Trying to plan everything based on the internet is a real struggle. We will go down to Pensacola at least a couple of times before the wedding, but it is about a six hour drive from here. 

We don't have a photographer yet...So we are open to suggestions. Thanks again for all the advice! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colleen, 

Here  is lil secret that I got from my planner, (one of the reasons I am so glad I hired her!!)  Im going to send you PM regarding!! :)

Samantha
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the tips! I haven't been on in forever and just found all these posts. I am also from Atlanta and am trying to plan a panhandle wedding. We are going down next weekend for the first time to look at venues. Thanks for all the great info!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards