Snarky Brides

Is there any way to speed up The Knot's guest list manager?!

I really like the online tools but the guest list manager has been really sloooooow in loading lately.  It is making me snarky.  Is it just me or are others having the same problem?   

Re: Is there any way to speed up The Knot's guest list manager?!

• Must be just you.

The knot never has any technical problems.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Haha! B, have I told you that I am in love with your baby name? For obvious reasons of course. :)

OP, I've never used the guest list manager on here, but I've heard it's crappy. I've also heard that ones from other wedding sites are better, so you could always use them just for that (like Weddingbee, WeddingWire, etc.).

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • OP - I'm just messing with you.  When I got married I don't even think the guest manager existed so I'm very unfamiliar with it.  I will say, that as beatles stated, it must suck because there are posts about it all the time on the boards.

THanks, beatles.  Julia is a family name and I couldn't resist their song in my siggy.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-way-speed-up-knots-guest-list-manager?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d97c4b27-889f-4e55-867f-d0c60e35df2bPost:bbd1e54d-db93-4b35-ac68-0129c7bef71f">Re: Is there any way to speed up The Knot's guest list manager?!</a>:
    [QUOTE] THanks, beatles.  Julia is a family name and I couldn't resist their song in my siggy.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it will make a sweet lullaby too. :)

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I already sing it to her. =-)

• Aw! Well, thinking of that takes care of my warm and fuzzy quota for the day. :) Thanks!

• I know, I have the same problem and I have tried accessing the guest list manager from various computers/internet connections, always soooo sloooow!

I love the new guest manager format, but I hope they can get it speedier soon.

• Thanks for the tips, ladies!  I'll check out the other online tools.  All else fails, I'll just start using my seating chart to keep track.  I've been plunking names in as the RSVPs roll in ... such a pain, though, really do like the format on the Knot's version, and it has been great for exporting various lists!  I hope they fix it at some point.  
  • I think it's a clunky design. My sister first pointed me to the Knot after my engagement, and I complained that the guest list manager is awful. She laughed, and opened Excel, and helped me compile my guest list in less than 45 minutes. You don't need to use the Knot for everything :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-way-speed-up-knots-guest-list-manager?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d97c4b27-889f-4e55-867f-d0c60e35df2bPost:bbd1e54d-db93-4b35-ac68-0129c7bef71f">Re: Is there any way to speed up The Knot's guest list manager?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP - I'm just messing with you.  When I got married I don't even think the guest manager existed so I'm very unfamiliar with it.  I will say, that as beatles stated, it must suck because there are posts about it all the time on the boards. THanks, beatles.  Julia is a family name and I couldn't resist their song in my siggy.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

Awww!!! Julia is a family name for us, too (my mom's name, and plenty of great-grandmothers) and my sister named my niece Julia. She's two years old, the sweetest child I've ever met, and I just kidnapped her for my spring break...she's sleeping in the next room now :-) Love the name, and love the song!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards