North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Makeup Artist Suggestions

This might be asking for a lot, but does anyone know of a makeup artist in the Raleigh area that:

a) Charges between $100-$150.
b) Doesn't require that there be a minimum purchase (i.e. I just want my makeup done.  I'm not having a bridal party.)
c) Can travel to the venue.
d) Can do more than the standard, "vanilla" bridal makeup.  I hardly ever wear "natural" makeup, and I certainly don't want to start on my wedding day.  I like mine to be a bit more vibrant.

So far, I'm finding artists that fit the price range, but they do the same neutral makeup for all their brides, or I'm finding artists that can do all kinds of different makeup looks, but their prices are several hundred dollars.

Honestly, I could do my own makeup that day, but I'd rather not have to worry about it.

Any suggestions?  I will heart you forever! :)

Re: Makeup Artist Suggestions

• edited December 2011
    I have a trial next weekend with Elaine Harrison--if you google her you'll find her website. She charges $150 for bridal hair and makeup and $55 for another person's hair OR makeup, but she has a $200 minimum to travel. It could work for you if your mom or mother in law wanted to get their hair or makeup done too! If you PM me your email address I can send you her info...I also made a comparison spreadsheet (I know, nerd alert) that I'd be happy to send you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KateeamberKateeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The girl that does my hair does make up for brides. I am not sure how much she charges but I think she could handle the vibrant aspect. Her name is Brooke Parker and she is in Morrisville. Let me know if you want more information.
    Check out my pictures! http://ajdunlapblog.com/?p=2986 Click like and I will receive free prints.
  • MeganAngelaMeganAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  Yes, to both of you!  Thank you so much!
  • KateeamberKateeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    919-461-70022210 Gathering Park CirCaryNC 27519
    Her extension is 103 and her name is Brooke Parker
    Check out my pictures! http://ajdunlapblog.com/?p=2986 Click like and I will receive free prints.
  • onlyncsuonlyncsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Pam Hung with OnLoKtion Makeup. She's fabulous. Google will turn up her number - my phone is upstairs and I don't feel like going up to get it. Another great choice in the Triangle area is Margo Williams. Google Bellovisio (i think) and you should be able to find her. They're both fabulous!
  • MeganAngelaMeganAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just as an aside, I ended up booking with Stephanie Sevilla of The Makeup Culture.  She had great prices and she doesn't have a required minimum.  Her only stipulation for on site work is to do the bride's makeup.  Plus, she does all kinds of looks and has tons of experience both with weddings and outside of weddings.

Thank you to everyone who wrote and suggested people.  Oh, and like a previous poster said, Margo Williams is a great choice, too!  She was our second choice!
  • dunes2010dunes2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kayla Cotton at The Posh Salon in Durham.  I'm not entirely sure if she travels BUT she fits the rest (she also does hair and is insanely incredible).  PM me for pics if you like.
  • edited December 2011
    This artist is amazing and such a sweet spirited lady. She works for Swank Photo Studios and has her own buiness.

Margo Williams
    www.belloviso.com/">www.belloviso.com
    Raleigh, NC
    919-414-3714

Heres a review page. <Click 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards