Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

STD's

When is a good time to send out the Save the Date's?

::Thanks::

Re: STD's

• Usually 6-9 months is an appropriate time.  Are you getting married in Hawaii?  If not everyone is from your area, you might even want to go close to a year to give people plenty of time to plan financially.
  • It depends on where your wedding is, where your guests are, and how far in advance you know the location/date/time of the wedding.

Is it a destination wedding or do you have guests coming from far away?  If so then giving them as much notice as possible (8-12 months) is ideal so they can plan vacation time and book flights etc.  If people are coming from closer then less time is fine, or you can skip them altogether.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_stds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:63b160d7-40bc-4b89-89ff-3f8780d59e5fPost:1c0cda91-34e4-45e9-bfea-edf5ed3dd4ef">Re: STD's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Usually 6-9 months is an appropriate time.  Are you getting married in Hawaii?  If not everyone is from your area, you might even want to go close to a year to give people plenty of time to plan financially.
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]

Actually no Im not getting married in Hawaii. Actually you just reminded me to change my location. I just moved back to the mainland :)
  • We're sending out ours this week and we have 8 months to go. I think that's a good timeframe (although we are so behind on everyhting else)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards