October 2012 Weddings

Bridal Shower?

A few days ago I ran into my MOH's Mom in the store.  We stopped & talked for a little bit.  She brought up the wedding & then proceeded to tell me that MOH needs to start planning the Bridal Shower soon & that there wasn't much time left to do it.  My MOH did say she was hosting one & that's the last I heard of it. 
So my question, when are Bridal Showers usually done?  Like how soon before the wedding is the norm?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower?

• There's no normal. I just found out mine is Aug 25th...so about 5 weeks before the wedding. I have a friend who is getting married the same day and hers was last weekend. It just depends on who's available when.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Mine is July 29th for my October 14th wedding.  I think that is a bit on the early side, but it is what works.  

No one wanted to give me information, but I had a breakdown because I work weekends (every other) and was working some days on my weekends off as well.  It isn't the easiest for me to get time off so I really needed them to tell me so I could make sure I wasn't a.)working or b.)exhausted from working.
  • My FMIL and BMs are having mine August 4.  They asked me when I would want it, and because I felt like September would be kind of crazy (bach and bachelorette parties on separate weekends), I decided on August.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • Mine is August 18th for an October 6th wedding, but like mbuckley85, I know of ones that have been earlier. FSIL got married late September and her shower was early June, I want to say? It all depends. I'd say anything more than say, six months might be a bit much.
    Anniversary
  • I'm getting married Oct 14, and my FI's aunt is throwing mine Sept 1
  • Mine is Aug. 19th for an October 13th wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Mine is August 11th for an October 12th wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sept 15th for oct 20th wedding
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Sept 22 for Oct 27 wedding... that's abuot as late as we could do it, but it's also the only time all the "key people" hosting are available!
  • Sept 16 for Oct 19 wedding.
  • Mine is a month before the wedding, I dont think there is a norm...but usually 4-6 weeks before your wedding is what I usually hear. Mine is Sept 22 for my Oct 20th wedding. :)
    weddingpic
  • Mine will be held on August 4th and my wedding is October 13th. it was a day that I knew I would have off from work and wanted to include my FSIL and she will be up here with Ady (FG) and my brother.
    Photobucket
  • Mine is September 2nd and my wedding is October 13th. I've read that you can have it whenever necessary depending on when you can get people in town. They've said some people have it within their wedding week, but I think 4-6 weeks is more traditional. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine is on August 19th for an October 6th wedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will be doing mine either late August or early September for an October 20 wedding. Don't and can't do it too late in September cause my work gets crazy especially since I am getting married right before a big event at work. My b-day is also early October (I know so bad to get married close to your b-day but I really wanted a fall wedding) so don't want to mix the two. 
    Anniversary
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards